Sign in to follow this  
Guest awheeler

The Need For High Quality GA Airports

>I don't find the defaults in the US terribly convincing, hence>the OP. :-)I'm sure they don't look like their RW counterparts -- and we're all entitled to want our airports to look the best -- but they are still way more convincing than just a runway. ;-)

Guest awheeler

Phil,Here's a little more general aviation scenery that I don't see on your list that someone may be interested in. The package includes KPRB Paso Robles, KSBP San Luis Obipo, L52 Oceano, KSMX Santa Maria, KLPC Lompoc, KVBG Vandenberg AFB, KIZA Santa Ynez and KSBA Santa Barbara.These eight airports plus Morro Bay, San Luis Bay and the Santa Barbara Marina area are included in my California Central Coast scenery for FSX. You may have excluded this scenery because I also did this area for FS2004 but this is a totally rebuilt FSX version.The scenery is freeware and is available at AvSim.COM and Flightsim.COM filename CCCFSX.ZIP and three revisions CCCFSXR1.ZIP, CCCFSXR2.ZIP and CCCFSXR3.ZIP.Best Regards,Al Wheeler

Thanks for posting those links PhilTaylor.There are many there I will be checking out.

I just flew from Eielson to Elmendorf (PAEI - PAED) and noticed that near Elmendorf is an airport Fairview West (AK58) that is sunken into the ground. Makes for a wicked landing. I have GEX, UTX and FSG add-ons. Maybe one of them causes this problem. Anyway try flying from Elmendorf to Fairwiew West and see how this airport is for you. If it's sunk in, try to land there. It's only a few miles over the river. There are a lot of other small landing strips in the area too.

I would like to get MISTY FJORDS, but it's about $58 USD. A little to much for a small add-on.

Misty Fjords is hardly a small addon, with thousands of square miles of scenery. :-)In any event, it's not available for FSX yet.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

52,000 sq kilometers. That's 20,080 square miles.If you're still flying FS9, the FSAddon Misty Fjords, Tongass Fjords and freeware Glacier Bay are worth every nickel and then some.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

>Thanks for posting those links PhilTaylor.>There are many there I will be checking out.>> >You are welcome.I turned the list into a blog post and added the Wiley Post airport on request from the author.

>Thanks Chris, YRED Redcliffe is released now. Have fun guys>:-).>>>Heiko>>>Thank you!, and a superb piece of work it is, better than most payware.Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Guest grapesh

Bill's Plum Island is awesome, light on FPS, and very realistic (I flew there in RW). Not to sound like another "my favorite" request, but there is another field just 20-30 min away from 2B2, Minuteman Air Field (6B6) that enjoys similar $100-burger fame among GA pilots and thus quite popular transit destination. Many stop there on the way to Boston, to avoid high fees and fuel prices at Hanscom (KBED), many stop on the way to Cape Cod and Martha (KMVY) and Nantucket (KACK). It is a pleasant field and neighborhood, lots of historical stuff in vicinity. I think, it might be a nice addition to, or extension of Plum Island work, that may provide a wonderful GA experience in a nice setting of New England.Cheers,=S.V.=

Guest jdmkj

Hiya guys! I just so happen to be the JD behind JD's Sceneries... creator of the Grand Strand Airport for FSX! General Aviation airports (and some smaller neglected airports with commercial service, like Roanoke Regional airport) are my thing, so that's what I'm going for in my sceneries. I try to detail them down to the A/C units on the hangars, just to give you a feel of really being there. This doesn't seem to have a real performance impact, so the detail is nice to have.99% of the objects used in my sceneries are custom, designed to be as close to the real thing as possible. I do use default objects such as the beacon lights, fuel trucks, wind socks, and things of that nature though.If you haven't tried out Grand Strand, have a look at it! It's a great destination for vacationers and golfers, as is another of my upcoming projects, Moore County Airport in Pinehurst, NC (Home of the 2005 US Open).