Sign in to follow this  
N400QW

Question for Bill Leaming

Hi Bill, in the thread regarding Eaglesoft's new Cirrus we talked about the spot view distance and the gauge you made to minimize the issue.Would it be possible to develop a gauge for general use? I recently downloaded Dino Cattaneo's new T45C for FSX SP2 and it also exhibits the camera distance problem. For my personal use I decided I would copy and paste the gauge text from your guys' SR22 panel.cfg to his panel.cfg, and of course the small .cab file to go with it. Well it worked, of course there's no preflight gauge but all I needed was something simple as the little VIEW icon shift+5 now brings up when I'm using his aircraft. I think I will apply the same gauge to Mick Posch's H21C Flying Banana. This could benefit a lot of users, and I was wondering if you could design a more general gauge that users could add to their respective panel folders and cfg files (or help me make one hehe). Obviously my small mod works because I bought the G3 from you guys, and have the necessary gauge files now.Thank youSincerely,

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan, I'll have to think about that for a bit... as I developed the concept while on Eaglesoft's time... ;)It's a pity that the behavior of the Spacebar+MouseWheel can't be changed from Zoom in/out to Dolly in/out, as that would surely be more elegant!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thank you for considering it :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan, Bill and I will discuss this. If provided it would be a freeware offering from Eaglesoft to the community without any of our proprietary code included.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png