Sign in to follow this  
=Hollywood=

FSX BLURRIES ............ I can do no more!

Guest -BeNt-

I'm a long time community runner for half-life games and mods. VALVe does not update games at all that aren't new. In fact the last update for Half-life was issued in September of 2004, and it was a mild update to add in-game friends browser to the game. It wasn't actually an update. They did an update also to Counter-Strike this last week to add avatar support to the in-game stats. So sorry I will have to disagree with you on that one.As far as MS offering an FS-GS type service, you can hang that up ever happening. MS has engineered these sims to be ahead of the curve on hardware so that the money and time they invest into the sim will be valid and still look/perform good for years. They have a good running sim on hardware that the average person can't get ahold of.I have used FS-GS and I will have to give it to them, I give a 5/5 on the ranking of customer support, value, and anything else they may offer. If you want your sim running right I would go talk with them. The simple matter of the fact is that FSX was designed to be run on machines much above what is currently available on the consumer level, in the future everyone will be complaining because the new sim isn't giving them the same performance that FSX does. Same as everyone did when FS9 came out......

Guest -BeNt-

Verticle refresh versus gray to gray and video card refresh rates are totally different things. A normal LCD only refreshes the screen 28-30 times a second no matter what your gray to gray refresh is.

Guest -BeNt-

This doesn't happen in my sim at all. Of course I have a tune that was done on my computer. The simple matter of fact is your machine is not optimized the way it needs to be and the textures are not being pulled from the hard disk fast enough, the memory subsystem in windows isn't running like it needs to be, a messed up st of settings in FSX/Windows etc, or simply your whole setup from machine install all the way to FSX install is botched. I would either continue getting frustrated and never get it fixed, or talk with FS-GS. You don't pay unless you are happy, and it takes less time, frustration, and effort than reading forums trying something getting mad at your computer, the sim, and Microsoft etc. Just my opinion.

One thing that's interesting to note...For probably close to 2 years i had blurries in FSX on a Radeon 9800pro, especially after SP1 that couldn't be quantified...About 2 months back I installed the latest ATI drivers and suddenly all the MIPS started showing correctly as well as AA and all the issues were resolved...Some of these issues can be attributed to the video card driver software and not FSX itself...Just as an aside, I have an 8600GT right now with 512mb ram and 3GB DDR2 system ram, and also a Q6600 core 2 quad... No blurries but a few issues showing up with vector scenery and ground resolution set to higher than 60cm (where water tiles are showing up on the terrain)...Also I didn't get to read every reply in depth, but did the user have their settings on max global texture resolution and LOD radius max?The other thing is they may have been asking too much out of their system but having every slider set to the right, thereby pushing their system and GPU ram over the physical hardware in their computer and causing it all to go to Virtual Memory i.e. hard drive which of course would lead to blurring issues...

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR