Sign in to follow this  
Guest ziporama

ATC Messing Up!

Hi all,I recently have had very annoying problems with ATC. During the descent phase, ATC will make me turn, descend, etc., and it seems like they know what they're doing. However, then they vector me way off course, and I listen to them. Then, they vector me even further off course, then get mad at me and cancel my flight plan, even though I have listened to every word they've said. How can I fix this?Thanks!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

The FSX ATC is broken. I have had experiences where ATC will hand me back and forth between centres again and again, or vector me way off course and then tell me to 'resume own navigation', or vector me to an airport runway with no ILS in IFR conditions so I can't get landing clearance. There are many issues like this. You either put up with them and try not to push the realism envelope too much, or buy Radar Contact. Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Thanks for the replies,It never used to happen until just yesterday. ATC would make me turn turn and turn, then give me clearance to land, and everything would work butter smooth. However, they tell me to turn less than usual and take a long time to make me descend. Then they cancel my IFR flight plan, even though I have listened to every word I've said. This is happening in the Mid-East US only, I'll see if I get that problem everywhere.Thanks,

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest ziporama

The built-in ATC really isn't bad given the complexity of the simulation, although it could use some improvement in the number of hand-offs per minute, near miss situations and sometimes terrible approach instructions, especially with regards to altitude and speed. The ai has seemingly no clue on SID/STARs at major airports and will line up your cessna right behind a heavy (or I think even worse, a 747 right behind your cessna going at least 100kts faster than you are) on approach without any regards for proper spacing. Using a tool like AISmooth helps with the conflicting runways and concurrent departure/landings.If you want a good ATC experience, visit VATSIM or IVAO, that's going to be the most realistic (and complicated).RadarContact is a good alternative, although the version I had for FS9 was good at controlling you with good instructions, and not so much AI aicraft. I don't know if this has been improved with the most current release.Hope this helps,Etienne