Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

Track Pro 4

How does the Track pro 4 work with FSX? I am tired of using the HUD and thought about the Track 4.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Works extremely well on my machine. Took about 5 minutes to install and get working. I am having a bit of trouble getting it to do exactly what I want with the overhead panel in the PMDG 744X but that is just a matter of tuning I think. Out of the box it made a huge difference especially on taxi and landing.John Veldthuishttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa475.png

Installed and works great on my setup in FSX.Now I need to learn to not move my head around so much, especially when I hear something exciting on the game on the TV behind me.

Best advice is to go to the Natural Point website and download a profile that suits you.I won't fly without it no more ;)

Dave Taylor gb.png

An alternative to TrackIR that's worth looking into is Freetrack (free-track.net).The software is free and runs great with a cheap webcam. I've been using it for about a year and the results are great. Offers 6DOF in FSX at a fraction of the cost of TrackIR.

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

>Installed and works great on my setup in FSX.>>Now I need to learn to not move my head around so much,>especially when I hear something exciting on the game on the>TV behind me.That drove me nuts also until I programmed a button on my yoke to "toggle" the TrackIR on/off, instead of using the default function key to do it. Now it is second nature to just click the yoke button before turning my head to look at a chart on my desk, etc. Will save you a lot of grief.Rick

Rick Ryan

Guest Shalomar

The hat clipon thingy was an exercise in frustration to use, just worked often enough for me to continue with it. But since I have gotten the TrackClip Pro performance has increased greatly. Also, I was following NaturalPoint's advice by running TrackIR in above normal priority. The last problem I had, occasionally recentering when I tried to look at the overhead; went away when I tried keeping TrackIR in normal priority. So see what works for you.I had more teething problems than most, but the FSX experience is definitely worth TrackIR. Costs about the same as five airplanes, but you will enjoy all your aircraft with good VCs much more.Best Regards, Donald T. :-wave(__/).................................(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Hey, thanks guys for all you suggestions. Looks like I'll be investing in one. Went to their site and checked it out, however the video clip I saw was after they had it all set up. I think I'll use the pro headset clip. Thanks againRegardsLamar Wright

Regards

Lamar Wright

Guest jshyluk

AVSIM has reviews of the TrackIR 4 and TrackClip Pro. They both won the AVSIM Award of Excellence. I wrote one of the reviews, I think the product is absolutely fantastic.If you have some driving games, TrackIR will really bring those to life as well.However, there are some people that have had a lot of difficulty with the product, and it does take some getting used to. Initially, it made me a bit dizzy. Proper setup and a bit of practise tends to cure that.If you order directly from NaturalPoint, they have a No Questions Asked returns policy (read the fine print), so that if you don't like your purchase, you have an option of returning it and getting your money back.http://www.avsim.com/pages/0206/IR4/IR4.htmhttp://www.avsim.com/pages/0207/TrackClip/TrackClip.htmJeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Thank you very much Jeff. That is what I do is fly and race. Read your review and that helped me make my mind up to purchase the Track Pro 4 from Natural Point. Went to their web site and saw the video's and was very impressed. Thanks again.Regards,Lamar Wright

Regards

Lamar Wright

>How did you manage to program it to your yoke?1. Start TrackIR2. Select a profile (highlight it in the list)3. Click on "Edit" button on bottom. This will open a window with 3 tabs..."General", "Motion", and "HotKeys"4. Select "HotKeys" tab. You can now "program" a yoke button for the 3 functions listed below..."Pause" (default F9 key), "Center" (default F12 key), and "Precision" (default F7 key). Click the "Change" button for each one and you get a "HotKey Entry" window. You can push a keyboard key, OR a button on your joystick or yoke to assign it. ;-) Ensure the "Toggle" box is checked, and your yoke button will then toggle the function on/off with each new press of the yoke button. Note you can do this BY PROFILE! I have different buttons for different games/sims assigned on my joysticks/yokes/steering wheels. Do it BY GAME/SIM, and not by the "Default Profile(s)", and you can have many different setups for different sims/games.Of course, MAKE SURE the button(s) you select for these 3 items ARE NOT assigned to any function within the individual game/sim!This works great in FSX/FS9. You don't have to reach for your keyboard to use these 3 functions if they are programmed to your joystick/yoke, thus eliminating annoying unwanted screen movements when your head moves when you reach for the keyboard key. Great for when you want to "look away" from your screen to read a chart or just "kick back and relax" for a while while flying. And "re-centering" the TrackIR is a breeze with a joystick/yoke button (instead of using F12) if it ever gets "out of center" on you.FalconAF

Rick Ryan

i just installed Track IR 4 software from their website and now i lost my middle mouse button to control the PAUSE function. I have to use F9 key but F9 is for FSX to go back to the cockpit, any ideas how i can use the mouse button, i have tried editing the shortcuts within TrackIR but it says Mouse3 already assigned for PAUSE but it doesnt work.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram