Sign in to follow this  
Guest jshyluk

Free View in FSX

Mike...WOW !!!!!And Thanks...Bob (Las Cruces, NM)XP-Home, With FS Genesis Terrain MeshLogitech G15 Backlit Game Keyboard and18 Programmable Macro/Keystroke KeysAsus P5N-D MotherboardIntel E8500 @ 3.16GHz (Now)CPUThermaltake MaxOrb Enthusiast CPU FanCorsir XMS2 PC6400/DDR2/800 Dual, 4GigsSATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDDEVGA Geforce 8800 GT/512 (OC'd Version)Dual Flat Panel Monitors

For some reason, it can't find my SimConnect.dll, and I can't use it, but am desperate to try it out. How can I fix this?Thanks.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Here's what the menu window of that Ezdok window says:"Simconnect.DLL not found (SEE HELP) FSX Connection: Not Connected"I've tried reinstalling simconnect via the SDK and game quite a few times and it isn't working. I'd really like to use this EZDok thing. Um...help? :-hmmm

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

I think the current version is 1.22 from here:http://speedskater.ru/download/arccvid/ezd...cameraV1_22.rarNote that it's compressed as rar. I recommend 7-zip for unzipping rar (and anything else for that matter).Don't know why you have simconnect issue, but I see this app makes a registry entry, and the keys it adds seem to be for simconnect RTM and sp1, so I assume you need one or the other installed for it.You might try backing up your registry and trying to manually set the reg keys (I think double-clicking on the FSCSCAlpha.reg file will do it). At least run regedit and navigate to those keys:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREFSFDTFSCSimConnect0.010.0.60905.010.0.61242.0to see if you have them.I assume the program needs these keys set to run, but that's just a guess.scott s..

Thanks for the reply Scott,But still no luck. I have simconnect, installed the registry entries, and I have SP2.Thanks!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

Guest jshyluk

There are a few alternatives.WheelCam comes to mind as another freeware application, although I haven't tried it out for months. Then there's EZCamera (or EZCam) -- I think I may be remembering that name all wrong, as I can't find the product I am thinking of online. There's a fairly recent thread on it somewhere here in the forum. I've never used that product, and I think it's payware. Sorry if I am not recalling it correctly.I use DBS Walk And Follow for FSX, which works decently, although it is kind of complicated and expensive. That, and it doesn't play well with TrackIR.http://www.avsim.com/pages/0408/WalkFollow/WalkFollowX.htmJeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest kd001

Is there a 'free view' option in FSX? i.e. placing the camera at any point I like and not be restricted to spot plane or tower views. If not is there an add-on that would enable this? Also I can't work out what the 'unlock view' option does but I doubt it enables free view.I hope i made myself clear.Thanks