Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Carenado C172N Skyhawk

Holy smokes....first the 152, now a 172. Pretty soon I'll have a hanger full of all the Carenado single props in the 100 series.Now, if they would only include a 180 Skywagon ;)

Guest JIMJAM

They need to do a twin.Any twin.Hasnt Realair been working on one for about 3 years now.Hey Carenado.Do a twin.:-bigangel

RealAir is working on the Duke.For Twins, I just love my Eaglesoft Twin Comanche...pretty tough to beat that one.

>RealAir is working on the Duke.>>For Twins, I just love my Eaglesoft Twin Comanche...pretty>tough to beat that one.Until the DA42 comes out of the hanger... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Alright Bill, is that a hint? Ron ain't gonna be happy :D...getting ready to take the new and improved FSX (non-turbo)SR22 up for for its maiden spin in a few minutes ;)

Guest JIMJAM

If you have ActiveSky plan a flight from Ksav "Savannah" to Kmyr "Myryle Beach.Pretty interesting weather going on here.Top of your head will be sore when you get there!

Interesting enough...and I'm not kidding...I just planned, and am going from KDOV (where I landed my B377) down to KEWN (Craven Regional). Not too far from Myrle Beach.I forgot all about the weather, and yes, I do use ASX.....Gotta fly ;)

The preview screenshots read "full FSX DirectX10 certified". Certified in what way? And by whom?I'm a past (satisfied) user of Carenado planes, but I just wonder if the above is marketing hype or what?

>The preview screenshots read "full FSX DirectX10 certified".>Certified in what way? And by whom?>>I'm a past (satisfied) user of Carenado planes, but I just>wonder if the above is marketing hype or what?It just means that they are full FSX models and will work with DX10 with all the special effects. It's nothing many other developers haven't done for some time now. It just took a while for Carenado to jump on the bandwagon. Now that they are on, we will get a bunch more nice GA aircraft :D I'm still waiting for my dear 182Q to be converted ;)The 172 and 152 look great too. Expect a lot of paints for them from me (if they aren't mapped stupidly like the 206 was). I still don't understand what was going through their heads when they mapped the 206 textures. They make no sense... by far the weirdest of any payware plane I've seen.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Guest iflyc77

####, I wish they were for FS9 too... =[

Is it just me, or does the pilot in the Carenado 172N looks a little small?

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

This made my day. I've been expressing my hope they'd do an old style 172 someday. And lookie here :-jumpy

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I don't understand why no one would build a 180HP 172SP.We already have a 172 with the 160HP from F1.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I'm waiting for the Piper Tomahawk to be upgraded to FSX status...The Just Flight offering was ok for FS2004 but poor fps on their FSX updated model...As for the 180HP 172SP, should be easy to upgrade here via the aircraft.cfg or .air files ;)

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR