Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain America

Tucson FSX Photo Scenery

I've been working on this scenery for a while now. Normally, I would wait until I finish a scenery and then upload it here. The Tucson scenery is large (5500 square miles, 1.2gb) so I decided to do something different.I created a web site to make the scenery available now (www.kb-sim.com). The day ground textures a there along with some of the night and water textures. Some of the airports are pretty complete (Ryan, Avra Valley, La Cholla). Tucson Intl and DMAFB are partially complete. The scenery is 2m/pixel with 1m/pixel at the airports.Everyone is welcome to try it out and comment. Updates will be posted as more parts are completed.

Thank you for your great scenery! I've flown over twice (with a night in Wilcox) and visited the air museum there-can't get much better than your rendition.Thanks again-photoscenery rules!

Thanks guys, especially Nils for putting the Mooney Mite in the screenshots. I tracked it down and added the 700V paint scheme. I always liked those little planes :)

Thanks kjb.Its very nice. Its fairly large area too. The color is vivid and its consistent across the large area. I went to U of A for grad school and lived and worked in Tucson after that for a couple of years. So I am glad I have this. My best Golf score was at Randolf Golf course..so good memories (shot a 82 ..my best yet).Thanks again for this magnificent work.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Wow, this looks really cool. I was born and raised in Tucson, so I am excited to try this out and see how it looks. Currently the only cool Tucson addon I have is Ray Smith's ADE KTUS enchancement, which I about the best KTUS I have seen to date. Hopefully it will work ok with this scenery. Downloading now :-)

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On my system, I find the color blue/green a bit too much. Other than that, it is very is very nice, and it is a large area. Thanks,Jim

Great project!Uh..er...anytime you have a spare moment...and would like to take on Phoenix :)!Your efforts will create many hours of entertainment. Thank you so much!Cheers,Mitch'er

Mitch-You might want to try the Bluesky sceneries available here at avsim.The Sierra Nevada series (including Yosemite) and Colorado are outstanding-I haven't tried Phoenix but it is available.GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

>Mitch->You might want to try the Bluesky sceneries available here at>avsim.>The Sierra Nevada series (including Yosemite) and Colorado are>outstanding-I haven't tried Phoenix but it is available.>>Geofa>My blog:>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/-------------------------------------------------On this rainy weekend, Geofa...I am onto it! :)I'll search them out and add them on...Thank you!Mitch