Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Elevation problem at SKCL....?

Like I said to Rhett I would be more than willing to learn how to fix these issues myself and share any fixes I make because like you say I realize fixing all these problems is a very huge task and the more people helping the quicker we will have a more close to reality terrain in FS but maybe it's not that easy to fix these problems and takes lots of learning and experience?

Richard Åsberg

Hi JustinIf you want use any part or all of what I did at SKCL, you can. I know you are doing/have done this to many airports already, and I know from flying there a lot, the areas of Colombia/Ecuador/Peru are in need of treatment.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>Like I said to Rhett I would be more than willing to learn>how to fix these issues myself and share any fixes I make>because like you say I realize fixing all these problems is a>very huge task and the more people helping the quicker we will>have a more close to reality terrain in FS but maybe it's not>that easy to fix these problems and takes lots of learning and>experience?Places like FSDeveloper.com and also the scenery design forums here and at the other big fs sites are really helpful if you want to learn how.You're right, we as an FS community need all the people we can to help with issues like this. The whole world is a big place!RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

Yes, you're right - it's the new Super 80 Pro from Flight1/Coolsky and it's a great a/c! Have been some issues but many of them have already been addressed in the two patches (BETA) released so far and I have very seldom seen a developer more interested in fixing any issues in a timely manner and always with an extremly nice attitude towards his customers...many other developers could learn quite alot from this guy!!Thanks for the info on what tools you used, will have a look at them and see if it makes any sense to someone never tried these kind of things before ;-)When you say approach data do you then talk about the glidpath of the ILS and that kind of data? Anyway at the moment I'm only flying away from this airport being happy I can now do so without being afraid to smash the a/c into the mountains ;-) but who knows when I return - anyway it feels good to have one elevation problem less in FSX now :-)

Richard Åsberg

Yes, did some reading already in the forums over at FSDeveloper.com but you beat me by far having a fix ready :-lol About the FS community I have always since I first started flying in FS many years ago been amazed about how many people there are sharing often brilliant work for free so when/if I can do anything in return I sure will!

Richard Åsberg

Thanks for thatI downloaded the pdf (larger, more legible) here:http://portal.aerocivil.gov.co/portal/page.../aip/aerodromosI really have a lot going on right now so I may not do any more to SKCL but if I do, I know where the info is.VirtualCol, a design group out of Colombia, has actually done some payware FS9 scenery of SKCL, but I don't know about its compatibility with FSX.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

Hi guys.I know I am "late" for this. Bur I have come across this problem lately at SKCL. I have been trying to find a fix for it, but this is the only site I could come up with.Problem is, the file doesn´t seem to exist any more. i get an 404 error message. I would be very greatful if anyone could upload this fix again.ThanksJoker