Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

Force Feedback Joystick

Guest jha38

Need a little info-help. I'm using the MS force feedback joystick with XP Pro and FSX. The joystick works fine except that there are no "forces" operating. According to the FSX controls the FF joystick is selected and the forces are working. Same is true for the Sidewinder control program. Everything seems to indicate that it ought to be working (the forces that is) but they aren't. I realize that the joystick is old, and so like are it's drivers, so I guess the question is "Will the MS FF2 work properly with FSX and XP Pro?"

Guest BlueRidgeDx

I've always had the same problem with my MS Sidewinder FF2 ever since FS2004 came out, and the problem still exists in FSX.Here's what I do:1) First, completely disable "Forces" within the FSX. They're totally wrong, and impossible to fly with.2) Go to the Controls menu and click "Calibrate". 3) Click on "Properties".4) Click on the "Forces" tab.5) Set the Force Feedback Level to "High"6) Set the Return-to-Center Tension to "High"7) Grip your joystick and give it a wiggle (sts).You should now have a joystick thats not limp. (again, sts.)Every time you start FSX, you'll have to go back to the Sidewinder "Forces" tab and repeat step 7.Its a pain, but its the only fix that I know of.Regards,Nick

Guest jha38

Nick,Thanks for the detailed instructions. I'll give it a try.Jim

Guest jha38

If Nick's approach doesn't work, I'll try the FSForce approach. Thanks for helping.Jim

Yes. Use Russell Dirk's program...FS Force2. I love it and can't imagine FSX without it. Make sure when you are registered with the program that you run the test included and disable force feedback in the sim.Stan

Guest PPSFA

I have been using that stick for years, there are two other things you should check....Be sure the green power light is on and solid green. The stick is know for the connection inside losing contact, I ended up soldering mine.Also, there are two sensors on the stick, directly under the trigger, on the seam, top and bottom. They get filled with gunk and stop working, use a toothpick to clear them outHope this helpsXP Pro SP2-FSX SP2AMD FX60-8800GTS-2 Gigs RAMFEX-GEX-UTUSA-FSGenesis-and a bunch of other stuffComputer optimized by www.fs-gs.com