Sign in to follow this  
Mace

WOAI and missing gates

i know this has been asked before but i could not find it in the search. I deleted all default AI when i deleted WOAI, now i have no moving gates, actually all most no gates at all i think. how do i get them back?

Moving gates appear when your Scenery Complexity is set to extremely dense. Has nothing to do with WOAI. You can do an FSX repair and get your default AI back.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

>Moving gates appear when your Scenery Complexity is set to>extremely dense. Has nothing to do with WOAI. You can do an>FSX repair and get your default AI back.>>BobActually that is not correct. It has nothing to do with where your scenery complexity is set. The scenery complexity only controls if there are jetways at the terminal, but not if they move or not. The complex animations box controls the movements. I have my scenery complexity set to the max and the advanced animations box checked, but the jet ways dont move to connect to the WOAI aircraft because of the way the EXITS are set up in the WOAI aircraft cfg files. You would have to go into all the WOAI aircraft cfgs and edit the EXITS. Look at the difference between the default 737 EXITS section and one of the WOAI 737's and you will see the difference.Not having the jetways connect to the AI will save you a lot of FPS in the long run, so I would leave it the way it is. The jetways will still connect to the aircraft you are flying if you choose to press Control+J.Hope this helps.SeanEdit: sorry C152. I miss read your post and didn't notice the part where you said you deleted the WOAI. You can put the default traffic.bgl back into the scenery/world/scenery folder to get the default AI back, then make sure to move your scenery complexity slider back to the right and check the advanced animations box. This should do the trick, unless you actually deleted the default aircraft folders. BTW, why would you want the default AI back instead of the wonderful WOAI packages?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Can't speak for the OP but here might be one reason to get rid of WOAI. My fun in the sim comes from making my own airports and writing my own flightplans. I used several military WOAI planes to have something different flying in and out of my airports. FPS were bad: 12 or so. Turns out that despite what WOAI says, none of these planes are FSX compliant. Then I replaced them with planes made for FSX. Bottom line; same flightplans, same airport, same time of day, FPS 25-35. I use repaints to replace default airlines. I realize plenty of people run WOAI with no problems. Thats great! Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Sean, that was a typo on my part about deleting WOAI aircraft as well. I have all my WOAI, just deleted the default. But i read somewhere when you delete the default the jetways dont show up or dont work right, something to that effect. i notice that many of my WOAI aircraft to to the gates but there were no jetways there. BTW i agree they use up a lot of resources but sometimes i just like to turn things up and see how it would look someday in the future when the CIA gets new computers and sells off it Cray Supercomputers to average folk who use FSX, LOL

>Can't speak for the OP but here might be one reason to get>rid of WOAI. My fun in the sim comes from making my own>airports and writing my own flightplans. I used several>military WOAI planes to have something different flying in and>out of my airports. FPS were bad: 12 or so. Turns out that>despite what WOAI says, none of these planes are FSX>compliant. That's right, but they're not the only ones--most AI packages out there today still use FS9 and earlier models. This presents a lot of parking problems, too, so its not just frame rate that is hurt...RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB