Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

SDK ???

After installing FSX and the Accel update, where is the SDK located?? Is it auto installed with FSX Accel or do I have to download it and install it.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

The RTM version of the SDK is on disk one of the Deluxe version, in a seperate folder. It's not installed with a normal install. The FSXA disk contains an updated version of the SDK, which will only install over an existing version. Suggested routine would be install SDK from the FSX disk one and then update that from your FSXA disk.

Thanks for the reply.So do I installed it into the FSX folder or a separate folder??Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Guest SkullxBones

I believe you have to match the SDK to you current version of FSX. Maybe someone with more knowledge about this can verify this? Since you are running SP2, you'll need the SP2 version of SDK which you can get here:http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Pages/F...-SP2Update.aspxIt's been a while, but I think you still have to install the older version first before you install the one from the above link.

>After installing FSX and the Accel update, where is the SDK>located?? Is it auto installed with FSX Accel or do I have to>download it and install it.Bill, simply install the SDK from your Acceleration Disk. It will automatically install SP1, and then SP2/Acceleration version for you.I suggest installing the SDK to a simpler path than the default, such as C:FSX_SDK or some such. ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I got stuck with this for a while too, using FSX/Acceleration. The steps I took to get a working SDK in this case.1. install SDK from FSX Deluxe DVD2. install (double-click) sdk.msi in the SDK folder on Acceleration DVD which is the Acceleration version of the SDK <---- this had me stumped for a whileIf FSX and/or SDK is installed into a non-default directory then ...3. Configsdk.exe sets up the registry entries and ..4. edit the dll.xml in - C:Documents and SettingsUSERNAMEApplication DataMicrosoftFSX (for WinXP) or C:UsersUSERNAMEAppDataRoamingMicrosoftFSX (for Vista)to point to the relevent directorymore info here - http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?...ation_%28FSX%29Greg

>I got stuck with this for a while too, using>FSX/Acceleration. The steps I took to get a working SDK in>this case.>>1. install SDK from FSX Deluxe DVDWhy did you not simply use the version supplied on the Acceleration disk? That's why ACES included it... :-hmmm Perhaps ACES should have been a bit more clear in their installation instructions, because there seems to be a LOT of folks (even some very experienced folks who have been beta testers!) who seem to be unaware that all that's needed is on the Acceleration disk... ;)

Fr. Bill    

Thanks Bill - that seems very straightforward I didn't realise the Acceleration SDK version was standalone !I was going by the fsdeveloper wiki which says that "A prior version of the SDK must be present on your PC before upgrading to SDK SP2."Time for an update to the wiki ?*** edit ***the wiki also states that SDK SP1 is included on the Acceleration DVD (which it is :)) to allow the user to install the Acceleration version without needing the RTM version. The trouble is if you click on the SDK SP1 exe it still asks for a prior version to be installed first !Greg

I tried installing both SDK's from Accel disk. Each time it said I needed older version installed first.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Guest UlfB

So, install the SDK from your FSX DVDs for a starter. Then install the SDK from your Acc disk.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32

>I tried installing both SDK's from Accel disk. Each time it>said I needed older version installed first.Well. That's not supposed to happen. Somehow that got 'broken' somewhere in the build's pipeline...The reason for including FSX SDK SP1/SP2 on the Acceleration disk in the first place was to allow owners of FSX Standard Edition to install Acceleration and the SDK! *:-*

Fr. Bill