Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

MS Acceleration drives me really mad!

Guest hunsnowboarder

Hi there Everyone. I am very angry and dissappointed with my problem. Previously I had MS FSX with some add ons installed. There were no problems with the game, no lagging, everything was allright. Then I installed Acceleration and... I thought I go crazy!!! The game started laaaggggiiiinnnngggg... What I realized that the lagging is very heavy when I am at or I am approaching the Megaairport Budapest Hungary (this is an addon scenery). This is an add on of the Budapest airport. What should I do????? Do I have to uninstall everything ???? All the addons and FSX??? Cant I just uninstall Acceleration somehow?? System restore unfortunatelly is not an option for me as I do not have system restore running. Isn't there another solution??? Thank you in advance for your help!

>Cant I just uninstall Acceleration>somehow?? Yes. Actually, you have to uninstall Acceleration before you have the option to uninstall FSX. Uninstall "Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Acceleration" and then download and install SP2. This should not affect addons except those included with Acceleration.ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX(SP1-SP2), Audigy SE sound, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

Guest firehawk44

You didn't mention your system specs but assume you have a powerful enough system to run Acceleration. Before you uninstall it, have you defragged your harddrive after installing FSX, FSX Acceleration, and any scenery addon? Unfortunately all the files are spread all over your harddrive in no logical sequence after you install these programs. Try defragging and see if that makes a difference. And, of course, make sure your scenery sliders and AI traffic are not set to high levels. Defragging and keeping the sliders at a moderate level increased the performance of FSX for me considerably.Best regards,Jim