Sign in to follow this  
bobbyjack

AI planes getting stuck on pre or postflight support

Hi,I've noticed that some AI planes get stuck when they enter pre or post flight support. Arrivals - A plane taxies to the the gate and the jetway meets it but the baggage truck does not move. The plane then according to the traffic toolbox stays on post-flight support for ever and never enters 'sleep'.Departures - The baggage truck never moves to the plane and the plane never leaves. The traffic toolbox says it is on 'preflight support'. I've noticed this with a variety of aircraft models (both Ultimate Traffic and WOAI). However when I turn the airport ground vehicles off it never happens - all planes leave and arrive correctly. However I like having the airport vehicles on!Anyone know what is going on and how it can be resolved? thanksJon

Can't speak to UT, but WOAI aircraft are not FSX models and do not have proper exits. Therefore support vehicles will not work. Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Jon:This is a known issue in FSX. It is not related to the AI aircraft you are running, nor the AI packages you have--it could happen with any of them.The only absolute solution is to do what you have done--turn off airport ground vehicle slider when it does occur.The good news is that it does not seem to happen all the time, only occasionally. I have found that the higher the airport ground veh slider, the more often it occurs.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

RhettThis is good information. I have spent a great deal of time at my own airports watching AI execute my flight plans. I run my airport vehicle slider a max, and I can't say I have ever seen a plane fail to take off because of the vehicles. I know the default flightplans have a lot of errors as far as departures being too close to arrivals. I wouldn't be surprised if that caused problems because of lack of time to get all post and pre flight procedures in. Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I realize this is an old topic, but I appear to have found a workaround that allows "Airport vehicle density" to remain at maximum and clearance to be granted for the misbehaving aircraft.  For aircraft that get stuck in pre or postflight support, the baggage cart function can be disabled for the individual aircraft, allowing it to depart.  Simply open the aircraft.cfg file, go to [exits], and make sure "number_of_exits =1".  Example:

[exits]
number_of_exits =1
exit.0 = 0.4, 25.90, -4.5,  -1.0, 0

The above setting allows for only the jetway to be active.

If you have more than 1 exit listed and do not want to delete the other entries, add a double slash "//" to cancel out the remaining exits.  Example.

[exits]
number_of_exits =1
exit.0 = 0.4, 25.90, -4.5,  -1.0, 0
//exit.1 = 0.4, -32.00, 4.5,  0.5, 1

Best,

Carlyle