Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Anyone using any of these scenery packages?

Hi guys. I am interested in the France VFR FLIGHT RIVIERA JETSET FSX http://secure.simmarket.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=2775 , but before purchasing I would like to get some feed back on how the performance is, etc. I guess you need to buy a seperate package for autogen to appear, but thats the only downer so far that I have noticed. Feed back on this package would be great before I shell out. I have never purchased from them, mainly since I don't speak French and I would like to be able to understand what the web page says before I buy. I am surprised that they dont have a seperate page in English. Thanks in advance for any info.Regards,Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I had the FS9 version and liked it, but don't have it for FSX (the FS9 version will work in FSX, but it's not optimised).You could always use Google Translate or similar to translate the web pages into the language of your choice....

I've been looking at this myself, and sent an e-mail to the developers, but got no response. (In fairness, it might have gotten dumped by my spam filter.)The website isn't very clear...to use the JetSet, you must have the Riviera scenery and autogen packs, but there's nothing on the site to indicate that the Riviera scenery or autogen packs will work in FSX.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

I don't have this particular product.. I do have their riviera photo scenery (That compliments this scenery I believe) and did not care for it. Its not as good as their Norther french Alps 1 and Southern french Alps where the colors are vivid although its NOT 1.19 meters per pixel like other FSX photo scenery. The VFR riviera scenery that I have is ported from FS9 and made to work in FSX.Second, I have the Aerosofts Monaco which is really awesome.. I see this one has Monaco as well. Not sure if this is going to be as good as Aerosoft's Monaco. But then this also has lot more than Monaco so you have that to consider.so...

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Thanks for the replies guys. I have been a little leary about getting stuff from them mainly due to compatibility issues and the French only website. I tried the Guadalupe scenery for FS9 and liked it but not sure if I want to get the autogen packs and everything that goes with it. Plus I dont know if there are compatibility issues using it with UT Europe. I think I will wait. Really, I just wanted it for the Nice airport. Perhaps some one else will do an airport scenery for that area.Manny, how is the performance in the Monaco scenery. I am able to run everything pretty much full tilt and have no issues, so do you think I would be fine in Monaco, especially since there won't be an AI to speak of?

I like the Aerosofts Monaco. But that area is very very small. Thats why I got the VFR Rivera. There are some computability issues with VFR Riviera and Aerosofts Monaco.. I am just living with it. I manually removed some object bgls from the VFR Scenery that were placed in Monaco... still there are some issues. I have extra helports. :)The performance is fine..and its actually gorgeous. And yes..I would like to have the Nice airport too!Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Thanks Manny for the info. Looks like I will probably just get the Monaco scenery and pray that someone does Nice. BTW, your the fellow that did the Arlington scenery correct? I haven't DL'd yet because I want to get the DFW MegaScenery X for it first. Are there any SP2 issues with the Mega DFW X scenery? I have the MegaScenery X for SoCal and Phoenix and updated with the patches for SP2 compatibilty and they work great, but I don't see any Dallas patches for it on their website. From your experience is Mega Dallas X ok out of the box with SP2 installed?