Sign in to follow this  
FalconAF

Fsdreamteams New York JFK airport for fsx released!!

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_jfk.html and its looking fantastic!! its about time. it has been many years without a good quality jfk for flight simulator, you get both fs9 and fsx versions for the same price.Features:Fully customized ground and runways in high resolution, both in FSX and FS9, DX10 Compatible Ground terrain seamlessly integrated with Flight Simulator. Native animated inverse-kinematics based jetways in FSX. AES support in FS9 Many animated custom ground vehicles. Use of the advanced material properties in FSX, like bump and specular mapping. Fully 3d taxiways lighting. Intensive use of LOD techniques in order to offer the best possible performances. Vegetation that reacts to seasonal changes, with customized snow-covered trees in winter. Photoreal ground with seasonal variations. High resolution building textures. NEW ParkMe

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Guest SuperFortress

I just tried the demo and I was so impressed with this product that I not only purchased it immediately but I also wound up purchasing their KORD package as well. If you buy both of those packages together then they throw in Zurich for free.My default KJFK was nice but this is simply gorgeous and what was even more impressive is that my frame rates/smoothness greatly improved. Overall I would definitely recommend this beautifully detailed airport.

How in the heck did you demo it? I just downloaded the free demo and it said you can use it "for a few minutes", then when it "quits" you can do it again by reloading FSX. They weren't lying about that! The first time I loaded FSX I parked at a gate. Before I ever got my views set up, all the buildings disappeared and only the jetways, control tower, taxiways and runways were left. So I reloaded FSX and started at a runway, and immediately took off in the Baron. Before I even got to the end of the runway and only a couple hundred feet high, the same thing happened...all the building disappeared and only the jetways, control tower, and runways/taxiways were left. I still haven't seen what the airport looks like for more than a few seconds.C'mon...a demo should allow you enough time to at least do a closed circuit for one landing to see what performance impact the scenery will have. Unless I'm missing something, you only get about 1 minute at most with this demo. FalconAF

Rick Ryan

Hello,the demo really lasts 6 minutes but, if your PC is taking too much time to load FSX, it might consume some of the trial time.This can be more apparent if you start a flight straight to JFK.But, there's a trick: the Trial doesn't start until you enter in the scenery area, which is about 10 nm around the airport.So, if you move to a nearby airport in the area, let's say KEWR (LGA is still too close), you'll give your PC a chance to load the New York area, without triggering the trial start.Once you are there, just move to KJFK, it should take a lot less now, because you are already in the area, and this should allow you to get more trial time.

Guest SuperFortress

>Does it get better than 6FPS ? :-)>I get about 17-20 in Baron.

>Hello,>>the demo really lasts 6 minutes but, if your PC is taking too>much time to load FSX, it might consume some of the trial>time.Yup...found that out. I purchased it based on what I did see, then got the real documentation that described the 6 minute trial time. The clock was ticking during my scenery load during the trial.Anyhow...glad I got it. It's great scenery with minimal frame rate impact...assuming you have a system that gets good frame rates to begin with. ;-)

Rick Ryan

Holy batman. I loaded this beast and I think I saw the kitchen sink. You should see the asphalt - it really has texture. Hey, don't worry about FPS. Just sit there and enjoy. I doubt the developer left anything out.Bottom line - it is beautiful - simply beautiful.Did I say it was beautiful? :-)GET IT.fbPS Load up 100% AI traffic. There's more aircraft than birds.

Those ground textures look good. The taxiway textures are also varied.However, the Runway textures could have been better. All the runways look identical. This could have been so much better if they had put some effort on the runway THE MOST IMPORTANT element of an addon airport IMO. Sorry..runway textures are my pet peeve!But with that buy two get one free, the price seems very reasonable...so I just might get all threeManny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Manny,Get all three. I did. I have several of your freeware addons for things like Hawaii, and my frame rates with those are very good on my computer. If you get good frame rates with your own scenery, you won't have any problem with these airports. ;-)FalconAF

Rick Ryan