Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

don't understand...

Guest jshyluk

I don't know about utx and gex, but "just" Vancouver+ is like saying you "just" finished off a pancake eating contest with "just" a pitcher of buttermilk. Vancouver+ is memory intensive, especially if you turned on all of the settings when you installed it. Adding scenery on top of that will tax any system. Vancouver+ comes with some .cfg's you can try out. As well, you can disable some of the extras in that scenery and see if that helps.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

jshyluk....went to calgary and the stutters all but stopped....so i guess friday harbour must be included in the van+ scenery? if that is a cause of the problem...afraid i got too attached to home...vancouver....

Guest jshyluk

The map that's included with Van+ shows the extent of the scenery: it's very large. The autogen is boosted quite a bit past what FSX normally expects. When I play at being a sim airline captain, I usually take off from Abbotsford for Calgary. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest tcable

I have a similar system Q6600 etc, but a 3870 video card.I never see less than 20 fps even at major airports with lots of Ai.That's running the E190 or LDS767PMDG is a bit less tho, but not much.Tim

The only time I have vertical black bars is when I load one of the newer drivers.The latest I can use are 169.25.Set up your compter like NickN says and that will solve most of your problems!DaveSystem:Dell XPS 720 H2CIntel Quad Core Extreme QX6800 @ 3.73GHz2GB Corsair Dominator EPP 8500C5D 800MHz FSB 1066 MHz2x160GB WD SATA Raptors, Sound Blaster X-FiNvidia 2x8800GTX 768MB SLI, Dell 2407WFP PanelXP driver: 169.21, Vista driver: 169.25Logitech Z680 5.1 Speakers, G5 Mouse, Saitek X52WinXP Media Edition SP3 on C: (SATA 0)Vista SP1 on D: (SATA 1) (Dual Boot)3DMark06: 17,018/6992/7123/5667

Just to emphasize, make sure you have vsync set to "on" in your video driver or you'll get tearing when panning.

Bert