Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Registered FSUIPC a worthy replacement for FS Real Time...?

Hi,I've been using FS Real Time for many years now to make sure the time is always correct since I do much flying online and need the time to be correct when reporting the flight time after the flight.Lately though I've seen a problem where FSX sort of hangs (will see the spinning circle you see in Vista when a program isn't responding) and then it stays like that for sometimes 5 minutes or more and then all of a sudden FSX start running just fine again until it happens next time. I've only seen this problem when I have FS Real Time connected to FSX which makes me belive FS Real Time is the culprit.For this reason I've started looking for an alternative to FS Real Time and read that the registered version of FSUIPC has a time-sync function built-in so would really appreciate some input from someone with experience of both FS Real Time and the registered version of FSUIPC and how they compare when it comes to time sync.TIA,

Richard Åsberg

Im using FS realtime and FSUIPC on XP. I havent had any problems with it hanging up or anything. I also have the auto update unchecked othewise when the clock goes off by xxx minutes you'll constantly get the reloading screen in FSX ,Loading terrain data, traffic blah blah blah..It happened a few times on final which got kinda annoying. Also unchecked is Disable setting FS UTC offset and check for DST changes in scenery files. Suppress confirmation dialog is checked. If the time goes off by 15 minutes or so due to hiccups and whatnot over a long flight I just manually update it at a convienent place. As for FSUIPC i'm not using the time sync feature in that either. I basically just use that for the autosave feature and wind shift stabilazation and a few other weather realted items.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Thanks for your input, I'll check my settings in FSRT and see if that will make any difference.Not sure why FSRT has started to cause these hang-ups, the main difference I see compared to your config is I'm running 64-bit Vista rather than XP.

Richard Åsberg