Sign in to follow this  
Banks

Best Configuration for FSX

Guest Aziltu

Hey guys, what configuration of graphics in FSX should I do?I wanna know the scenery, texture, aircraft, antialsing, everything from the game!Here is my computer:OS: Windows Vista Ultimate 64CPU: Quad Core Q6600 2.4 GhzRam: 4GB Kingston HyperX 800MhzVideocard: Geforce 8800 GTXMotherboard: Asus Maximus Formula

Guest firehawk44

First, leave the settings originally set up by FSX when you first started FSX. These are your default settings based on your OS, CPU, memory, and videocard installed. These are generally the best settings for your system. You can then tweak them if desired. NVIDIA Techs came up with settings for your video card too (http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_fsx_techtips.html). Those work for me too as I have the same care as you have except 2 in SLI mode. You may have to tweak them again if you install a scenery addon or a detailed commercial aircraft such as the PMDG 747X. AF/AA should be turned on in the FSX settings in all cases. I keep my video card display settings set to the Nvidia default and get awesome graphics. Some people turn AF/AA up to 16x's and state they get great graphics plus FPS. It doesn't work for me and I have a much more powerful system than yours so wouldn't recommend it. FSX requires more CPU horsepower than GPU power so I would recommend overclocking your system if you can. If you receive a CTD or FSX freezes, it may be that your sliders are set too high. Lower them if that happens. Hope this helps!Jim

Guest Aziltu

My motherboard have a application to overclocking my CPU. Is that good or should I just manually overclocking my CPU?

Guest D17S

There's just nothing yet that can run FSX flat out...at any price. You'll have to play slider-compromise. This is for that Q6600 O/C'd to 3.6Hgz (mine). Turn down AG and traffic 'til it will run on your 2.4 . . . or go get this cooler and enjoy these settings.http://www.directron.com/u120e.html 1) FSX setup for any default airplane:Graphics: can have any resolution, Lens flare and Adv animations. DX10 and bloom off. Use Trilinear flitering. Set AA to 8X in Nvidia control panel then uncheck AA here.Aircraft: All onScenery: The left side is Vcard related (sans water). The right side is CPU related.*Terrain and water, LOD large, Mesh complex 100%, Mesh res 10m, Tex res 7cm, water Low 2x, Land detail on.*Scenery objects, Scen complex Ex Dense, AG Very dense, Gnd shadows off, Spec effect HighWeather: Clouds 60miTraffic: 20/20/20/10/20/202) For the PMDG airplane, you have to trade back some CPU stuff. Reset AG to Sparse and Traffic to All Off. If you feel you have FPS to spare, bring back some Traffic or a notch of AG. The PMDG airplane is fine above 10K, but on approach you will need to make this adjustment.Remember, the Scenery tab's right side, water and Traffic are all CPU related. If you want more FPS, these are the sliders to work with.Another change that helps is in the cfg file. Try setting{DISPLAY}TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=70The default setting is 40. Do Not go above 100. Play with this a bit and see. If anything, this is simply a finally tweak . . . that really won't do much. The big dog in FPS will be the CPU related sliders. We have some spirited conversations going on in the forum. That all entirely about getting a single extra notch of AG or 10% more traffic. Hardly worth thousands of extra $$$, inHo!

Guest Aziltu

Ok my CPU is overclocked and is running at 3,5 Ghz Can i change some settings?

>Ok my CPU is overclocked and is running at 3,5 Ghz >>Can i change some settings?LoL, Did you read the post above yours? Start with those settings and adjust ever so slightly accordingly.