Sign in to follow this  
Charlie Chew

3d glasses with FSX

There was a big discussion some months back about running FSX with 3D glasses, which seemed to prompt many (including myself) to try it for the first time.I wonder how many of those who have given the 3D glasses a go with FSX continue to use them regularly, and how many have ultimately set them aside as a charming novelty.For me, 3D glasses have changed the whole flight simming experience, but at a cost. I prefer shutter glasses to anaglyph, and the result is that it effectively halves my normal frame rate. As such, for the last few months I've mostly been using FS9 with great results, while still having to tone down things like water effects and cloud density.However, I spent some time playing Frankenstein over the weekend and successfully managed to overclock my gpu without running into overheating issues. This has given me enough headroom to revisit FSX while still using 3D glasses.Is there anyone else who's continuing to use FSX primarily with 3d glasses, and can you offer any tips that might yield better performance?

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"