Sign in to follow this  
Longers

reverse thrust keys

Guest Brettlee

Hi guys wonder if you can answer me a dumb question? What in fsx are the reverse thrust keys and does the trottles have individual keys to operate them instead of all 4 moving at once, im using pmdg 747 thanks Brett

A key assigned to Throttle Decrease can provide reverse thrust. Since the throttle axis on my yoke only goes to idle, I've assigned a keyboard key to throttle decrease and labled it as reverse thrust (used with the throttle at idle).I believe the following commands can be assigned in the standard.cfg file for multiple throttle keys:THROTTLE1_CUTTHROTTLE1_DECRTHROTTLE1_DECR_SMALLTHROTTLE1_FULLTHROTTLE1_INCRTHROTTLE1_INCR_SMALLTHROTTLE2_CUTTHROTTLE2_DECRTHROTTLE2_DECR_SMALLTHROTTLE2_FULLTHROTTLE2_INCRTHROTTLE2_INCR_SMALLTHROTTLE3_CUTTHROTTLE3_DECRTHROTTLE3_DECR_SMALLTHROTTLE3_FULLTHROTTLE3_INCRTHROTTLE3_INCR_SMALLTHROTTLE4_CUTTHROTTLE4_DECRTHROTTLE4_DECR_SMALLTHROTTLE4_FULLTHROTTLE4_INCRTHROTTLE4_INCR_SMALLArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX(SP1-SP2), Audigy SE sound, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

>Hi guys wonder if you can answer me a dumb question? What in>fsx are the reverse thrust keys and does the trottles have>individual keys to operate them instead of all 4 moving at>once, im using pmdg 747 thanks BrettBy default, F1 cuts the throttle(s) to idle, holding F2 key down for several seconds will provide reverse thrust.You can control any individual engine by keying E,1; E,2, E,3, or E,4Select All engines by keying E,1,2,3,4BTW, all of this information is available via Shift-F10 and checking the Controls Tab on the kneeboard... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Supplementary question ...In settings-controls-keys how do you assign repeat values for a key ? I notice some have repeats by default, I would like to have my F2 button repeat to increase my reverse thrustGreg

Guest bstolle

The right column of the button/key assignmnent reads 'repeat'.If a button like reverse thrust F2 is capable of this feature there's a slider.Drag it all the way to the right to achieve the fastest possible repeat rate.

I believe the repeat rate for keyboard keys is set via the keyboard repeat rate in the control panel. The FS controls setting repeat rate I believe only is for joystick directInput buttons assigned to commands.scott s..

Guest Gunner_CAF

I programmed my Cougar to reverse thrust when the throttle is at idle and the brake is on.Foxy Code:------------------------------------------------Rem Throttle Reverse with 1% throttle and brake THR 5 1 (0 1) (/H X24)DEF X25 (X24 AND TG1)BTN X25 Thr_Dec ------------------------------------------------The brake is mapped to TG1 and the macro Thr_Dec is the default F2.It works good.Gunner