Sign in to follow this  
DaveH

Misplaced Taxiway Signs in Add-On Airport Scenery

It seems like every Add-On airport scenery that I download and use has the taxiway signs in the middle of the taxiways. Why is this? Don't these designers take the time to place the signs in the proper position, or is there something wrong with my programs?

Of course they do. I think that if they have different add ons than you do, there can be problems. Or maybe it's gremlins: there are misplaced taxi signs in stock airports.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest JimC1702

You have to be careful of add-ons that you use. I ran into an issue with Just Flight's military plus packs. They contained AFCADS for military bases, but they were based on FS9. When used in FSX, I had taxiway signs in the middle of taxiways, planes in the middle of buildings, etc. When I re-installed them, I used just the traffic bgls but did not install the AFCADs. Then I made my own AFCADS using AFX.Using MAIW military AI will cause the same problems if you use their AFCADs.JimDell XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 ghz3 gb dual channel 800 mhz DDR2 RAM512 mb nvidia 8800GT500 gb SATA drive 7200 rpmSoundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music22" Acer widescreen LCDWindows Vista Home Premium

Thanks, you two. I haven't checked whether the airports were FS9 or FSX. That would certainly explain it. And I have deleted added AFCAD files when I saw the problem, just would like some to be downloaded that work properly with FSX.EDIT: I also know you can move the signs using Airport Design Editor - haven't tried that yet.