Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stan V

Please help, I can't install FSX Acceleration pack

Guest Ron Kramer

When I look at the DVD/CD (disc) it has one file.A text file. In that file is says.This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating systemthat supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification.I'm running XP with service pack3 (does the same on 2 machines).any ideas?Ron

Guest Stan V

Ron,The good news is it may not be as bad as it appears.I had the same problem when configuring a new computer and it mostly disappeared on its own. Basically, I temporarily gave up on installing Acceleration and installed a different, but older program from a different DVD - which installed just fine. Then I went back to Acceleration and surprise, surprise - it too installed as originally expected. Problem solved! I questioned my computer supplier about this and although I didn't totally understand his explanation, it sounded as though there was a complex interaction between later DVD designs, my third party DVD reading software and Windows that was eventually self correcting. In my case, Windows knew enough to go after a fix on its own and the next time I needed to read a new DVD, it worked. Haven't had a problem installing things since.I suggest you try similar measures and above all, don't give up.Stan V.