Sign in to follow this  
Guest jshyluk

FSX CRJ-700 question

Guest MNorm757

I have both FSX and FS9. I was curious as to the compatability of the FSX CRJ-700 panel with FS9. Does anyone know if the panel would work if I copied the gauges and panel files to FS9? The POSKY CRJ-700 is a great plane and I'd like to fly it in FS9 with a good panel. Unfortunately, I can't find a freeware CRJ-700 panel that is realistic enough for my tastes.Thanks in advance.Markus

Hello:I may have missed something here, but I thought the new CRJ-700 by POSKY was for FS2004 only. The documentation says for "FS2004 only." The file I downloaded from the POSKY web site does come with its own 2D panel. You may want to check the POSKY web site forums for questions and issues about the CRJ-700.Hope this helps.Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Guest MNorm757

I've used the POSKY CRJ-700 in both FS9 and FSX. My question really has nothing to do with their aircraft. My question is...has anyone tried to use the FSX stock CRJ-700 panel in FS9 by importing all of the panels essential files over.Thanks,Markus

Guest jshyluk

It's an unusual request. Aliasing panels in FS9 is fairly easy to do, and it's different for FSX, right? It's been a long time since I tried aliasing something in FS9, so I don't remember what the differences, if any, are. It probably will not work, or else it may just work partially. I would suspect that the 2D panel might fare better than the 3D panel, but considering that FSX uses a different modelling system, I would guess that it would not work, or if it does work items might go missing. Aliasing files doesn't corrupt your FS9 files (AS FAR AS I KNOW -- I could be totally wrong here), so you could just experiment, I guess.As an aside, I am curious as to which features in a CRJ cockpit are most important to you? The 2D cockpit? The 3D cockpit? One or more of the gauges? Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

>I have both FSX and FS9. I was curious as to the>compatability of the FSX CRJ-700 panel with FS9.It is simply impossible. The new, FSX XML schema used for the CRJ-700 gauges is completely incompatible with the XML schema used in FS9...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest MNorm757

Thanks for the reply. I guess that leads to another question...what are you guys using for a CRJ-700 panel with this great aircraft? My priorities are accurate guages and overall panel layout. The FSX panel is spot on but there doesn't seem to be a FS9 panel that fits the bill. I realize that this is the FSX forum, so I'll post this on the FS( forum as well.Markus

Guest jshyluk

I am in the process of reviewing the CRJ-700 cockpit for FSX by Friendly Panels. It has its good and bad points, much like anything else. The review is taking forever as Real Life in autumn is reaping veangeance over my lazy summer, and I am busier than I like to be, and too busy to write well or fly all that much.Friendly Panels does make some stuff for FS9, although the CRJ panel is for FSX only. http://www.friendlypanels.net/Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM