Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Need help adding "re-paints" to my aiplane folders

For some reason, I can't add repaints to my FSX planes. I used to be able to do it easily under XP, but with Vista, something is blocking it. Please tell me what I have to change.When I tried to save a Continental repaint to my Default 737/800 folder, I got this message:"Cannot Create the C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSim ObjectsAirplanesB737_800aircraft.cfg file. Make sure that the path and file name are correct".Nothing I do can change this. What seems to be blocking my ability to change an aircraft configuration file?Thanks.

One way is to turn off User Account Control. Go to control panel/user accounts select turn user account control on or off. UAC is a new security system that keeps unauthorized changes from happening to your system. Some people do not install FSX in the default program files location for this reason.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Thanks, Bob. I'll try that tonight when I get home. Question:Where do people install FSX if not in the Default program files?

Guest j-mo

My FSX is installed on a separate physical hard drive.

You originally have the option to install FSX where ever you like. In it's own folder just inside the C: drive works. As long as it is not in Program Files. Then you don't have to start FSX as Administrator.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Thanks everyone.I just flew the beautiful Continental 737/800 from Cancun to KEWR (Newark) just as my Wife and I flew it a few days ago. Same plane, same route, and it was beautiful. The UAC disable helped me change my config. and add this great repaint. What a great simulation...it helps you relive it all.