Sign in to follow this  
BoeingGuy

Question about pushing back in FSX

Hey Gang!When I hit "Shift-P" to pushback, how can I steern the tow truck left or right so the aircraft is turned when the pushback is completed?Thanks!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest 413X3

right after shift p press 1 to turn your nose to the right, and 2 for the left

Guest RonB49

Press and release Shift+P then press and release the keyboard 1 key (tail of A/C left) or keyboard 2 key (tail of A/C right). The plane will continue straight back for about half of its length before the turn begins.DO NOT press any other keys OR change VIEWs between pressing Shift+P and pressing a number key. As long as you don't press other keys or change views, you can continue to steer the plane left and right (using 1 and 2) at will.R-

Is this normal: when starting the pushback the tug attaches to the plane and movement begins. Then when I press ShiftP 1 or 2 the tug detaches and returns it's parking place. The plane then continues to move and turns as directed but without the tug. Should the tug detach?

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

Guest j-mo

The second time you press Shift+P, pushback stops. So, begin and end pushback by pressing Shift+P, and use 1 or 2 for the turn.

>Is this normal: when starting the pushback the tug attaches>to the plane and movement begins. Then when I press ShiftP 1>or 2 the tug detaches and returns it's parking place. The>plane then continues to move and turns as directed but without>the tug. Should the tug detach?It shouldn't, but it does.There's pushback gauge available from Rob B that resolves this issue (makes the tug stay connected).I've also resolved it in my own FS2Crew MD11 pushback utility thanks to Rob's assistance.Basically what we did to make the tug stay connected is fire the tug connect/disconnect command 18 times a second, which makes the tug appear to stay coupled :-)Cheers,Bryan

The pushback truck does not always seemt to appear when doing Shift-P, even at default airports. Is it only available at certain stands, or is this effected by changing to 3rd party AI - e.g. WOAI, which I have done?Cheers,Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Make sure your Scenery Complexity is at Very Dense or similar, and make sure that Airport Vehicles is at a considerable density. WOAI is fine--in fact, you can see the tugs attach to WOAI planes themselves at gates with tugs.Sorry to hijack this thread, but the other day, I was at EDDL in an A340-300, and when I hit Shift-P, I got a message saying "This plane cannot be pushed by the tug." The tug came to my plane, attached, then backed off. Interesting....Regards,

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

It depends on if the developer of the airport included pushback tugs at the gates in the scenery. I believe all gates should have a tug, so yes, the tugs are bound to be in 3rd party airports.Let me know if you need anymore help.Cheers,

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD