Sign in to follow this  
Guest ftrusky

Just Flight C-130

Guest bjablonka

Before I invest in this, I better do some research. Has anyone tried this one yet? How does it compare to Captain Sim's C-130? I would appreciate your help.ThanksBernd

Guest firehawk44

Uh.. it IS Captain Sim's C-130. Jim

Guest bjablonka

Thanks Jim, I thought it was a new version because Captain Sim's 130 has been out for several months now. I don't understand why it shows up now on Avsim like it is a new model. Oh well...Bernd

Hello The clue was in the sentence "has returned from an extensive re-fit in the Captain Sim workshops" :-)

Guest jshyluk

Sometimes publishing developers like JustFlight will publish or re-publish aircraft that have been created by their partner developers. Sometimes that means new packaging and/or new manuals. Sometimes there are more features like liveries and such, or else features that were at one point downloadable are now included on a disk. The advantage is that the partner developers get a broader sales base, especially in Europe where it is easier to find add-ons in boxes on store shelves than in North America. As a contributor to AVSIM's Reviews, I would say it's all MSFS goodness. JustFlight and Captain Sim benefit from better sales, and AVSIM gets more news and material for our website. Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest hmstiger

It's a great airplane. Only big gripe is that the flight director doesn't work. But it is fully flyable with the HSI and the 8-ball - I have my Reality XP GPS installed for those times I don't want to go VOR to VOR.Colin WarePortland

The key point here is that FSX version is now available on CD. Previously it was only FS9 one available.

Guest ftrusky

So far, so good, incredible detail and depth in systems. Started reading thru the manuals last night. Disc version was well worth it, luckily I had enough accumulated points to get it for around $50.00 US.Lots of trusted software screens to go thru on initial install and loading a variant for the first time, and as is pointed out in the manual (I think that's where I saw it) load the FSX stock Beechcraft in 2D, let all the gauges come up to speed, run thru all the various views inside and out (virtual cockpit too), then ALT and load the C-130. I have absolutely no idea why this makes it work better but it does (quirky FSX) and I tried it both ways just to prove it to myself. (Direct loading from the Free Flight Screen to the runway led to engines off when they should have been running and sound was all screwed up, plus graphics glitches). The only issue I'm noticing at this point is when I start up a flight on the runway with engines running I can't seem to get the throttle all the way down so the plane doesn't start rolling forward, gotta keep my feet on the brakes. F1 didn't solve it either, I'll get it figured out eventually. Checked my calibration but need to go over it all again.Been flying around the Nellis / Las Vegas area doing touch and goes, well more like pound and goes, hamfisted, got to get a gentler grip on it. Lots of fun so far and looks incredible from any view. And no worse on framerate than most other addon planes than don't overtax my 2.6 AMD rig too much. Can't wait to get it loaded on my new, just arrived, 9650 Quad Core @ 3.8 with Vista 64.