Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Level D 767 or PMDG MD11

Hi all..I have the PMDG 737 600/700 and the PMDG 747 for FS9. I am interested in buying another plane for FSX, and am wondering do I wait for the MD11 (coming soon.. but don't know when) from PMDG or should I buy Level D 767? Any thoughts?ThanksBob LeBoeuf

You can't go wrong with the LDS, it is one of very few aircraft by which all new releases are judged against. It has been a masterpiece since the 767 PIC and continues to impress me all the way up to FSX.I think it is always wise to wait for a little while after a new release in order to make sure that all of the bugs, if any, are worked out.

Guest j-mo

My nod goes to PMDG, even though it's still a week or two (hopefully that's all it is) away from release. I have the Level D and also the PMDG 747X, and while either of your choices will no doubt give you lots of rich simming experience (i.e. you won't go wrong with either) I think PMDG has just a little more something in their products.Congrats in advance on your upcoming purchase.

Level-D 767 available and fully optimized for both FS9 and FSX. It runs so smoothly.PMDG MD-11, untried, unavailable and probably much more expensive.Your choice ;)

Dave Taylor gb.png

LDS is short for 'Level-D Simulations'.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Some good points here... the Level D is here now, and I know guys who have it and enjoy it...Thanks againBob LeBoeuf

Dave, you slam our plane (unjustly I might add, you can't possibly know any of the things you're claiming) and yet you have our supporter banner in your signature... Bob, I think one thing that might sway you to pick the MD-11 is how different it is from the two Boeings you already own. If you know how to fly the NG and 744 well, you'll be able to fly the 767 almost without reading the manual. The MD-11 is an entirely different animal and will be something new and challenging for you that's completely separate from the two Boeings you have.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

>Hi all..>>I have the PMDG 737 600/700 and the PMDG 747 for FS9. I am>interested in buying another plane for FSX, and am wondering>do I wait for the MD11 (coming soon.. but don't know when)>from PMDG or should I buy Level D 767? Any thoughts?>>Thanks>>Bob LeBoeufBob at this moment simple LDS 767 and prepare yourself of the Flightsim journey of your life...Also be prepared to do some study because this one is so close to the real deal ;-)After that you can checkout the PMDG11 when released because still in development (both are just two other aircraft and can't be compared)...So no opinion on that one.http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/awf1/sign.jpg

André

>Dave, you slam our plane (unjustly I might add, you can't>possibly know any of the things you're claiming) and yet you>have our supporter banner in your signature... >Because while taking about LDS he is in fact on LSD ... :-lol There's no need for these comments. Dave simply noted that the MD-11 is untried, unavailable, and probably much more expensive, but I don't think he was trying to bash it. The MD-11 IS untried where it matters most, which is in the general Flight Sim community. I'm more than confident that there are some very skilled beta testers checking things out, and I know that the folks at PMDG are top notch, but add-ons have been released on numerous occasions with bugs, and sometimes it is wise to wait until the community has there say and bugs get worked out. He also said it is unavailable, which it is right now. And as for it being more expensive, I don't know, and I don't care. I will definitely be in line to buy it as long as it is not obscenely overpriced.

Guest YukonPete

I've purchased and used both from the very early days and both companies are excellent at what they do. I do think LDS produce a better model. The 767 is very smooth high frames in FSX but find the PMDG 747 a resource hog with poor frames in FSX.

Get the 767... IMHO it's the #1 airliner sim for FSX. The PMDG 747 and Coolsky Super 80 Pro follow closely behind.Who know's with the MD11, it's not out yet.

Matthew S

>Dave, you slam our plane (unjustly I might add, you can't>possibly know any of the things you're claiming) and yet you>have our supporter banner in your signature... >Ryan, with respect I have not SLAMMED your plane I have merely stated fact.Your MD-11 is not available and the LVLD is.Take nothing away from your nearest rival, Level-D have optimized their aircraft to also run in FSX with the very best fps of all.I bear your MD-11 banner because I expect to purchase it when it appears.Now go and chill out with a beer mate eh? ;) You must have had a hard day?Now you tell me - WILL IT BE MORE EXPENSIVE? (Not forgetting that you get BOTH LVLD versions, for the same price)Now ask yourself, will PMDG match that?All I was doing was to answer the O.P's question :)

Dave Taylor gb.png