Sign in to follow this  
FalconAF

Navigraph Cost

Guest SuperFortress

Can anyone here that uses the Navigraph service tell me if it worth subscribing to and approximately how much do you spend on it annually in US dollars? Thank you.

It depends on your definition of "worth", I would think. And the amount you spend annually will also depend on what you download from them. The navdata updates will keep the products you download them for "up to date" with the real world. So if you fly online using something like VATSIM, which updates their navdata to reflect real world fixes, SIDs, STARs, etc, you will be "current" with them. Generally, the controllers will appreciate that, and traffic flows will be consistant across the entire community using VATSIM. If you only fly offline, then it isn't really necessary to have "current" navdata, unless you want to simulate current real world operations in FS.The maps, charts, etc section of Navigraph will charge you "credits" for downloading them. So "how much" you would pay for these depends on how many you download. There are numerous other places to get many of the same charts for free on the Internet. It might take a little longer, so then it becomes a question of how much is your time worth vs what you would pay for the one location Navigraph service.I use the navdata yearly subscription plan, but get my charts elsewhere. Actually, as a real-world pilot, my charts are part of a real-world subscription service I pay for, for my real-world flying. They work fine in FS as long as I have the current navdata from Navigraph for FS. So, my "annual cost" for Navigraph is just the yearly navdata subscription price. Anyone usiing that service, plus downloading additional charts, would of course spend more annually.FalconAF

Rick Ryan

Guest SuperFortress

How much is an annual subscription in US dollars? Thank you.

$20 Euro...so you'll have to figure out what the current conversion rate is at the time of purchase.Note you are buying "credits", not really a "subscription" for just the navdata portion of Navigraph. You can use the "credits" anyway you want...purchase navdata "cycle" updates for third-party FMC's, FSNavigator, Flight Sim Commander, etc...or you can download charts also if you want. You get 200 credits for $20 Euro. Each navdata cycle costs 20 credits, but you get to download all navdata info for whatever program you have for FS that Navigraph supports. Many of the downloads include installers for both FS9 and FSX products (like PMDG FMC's, etc).I use my 200 credits for 10 navdata cycles only, so I get about a year's worth of them (they are updated real-world time-wise so 10 cycles covers about 13 months time). If you downloaded charts also, you wouldn't get 10 full navdata cycles...you'd run out of credits before then.You can purchase credits 100, 200, and 350 at a time. FalconAF

Rick Ryan

Guest SuperFortress

>$20 Euro...so you'll have to figure out what the current>conversion rate is at the time of purchase.>>Note you are buying "credits", not really a "subscription" for>just the navdata portion of Navigraph. You can use the>"credits" anyway you want...purchase navdata "cycle" updates>for third-party FMC's, FSNavigator, Flight Sim Commander,>etc...or you can download charts also if you want. You get>200 credits for $20 Euro. Each navdata cycle costs 20>credits, but you get to download all navdata info for whatever>program you have for FS that Navigraph supports. Many of the>downloads include installers for both FS9 and FSX products>(like PMDG FMC's, etc).>>I use my 200 credits for 10 navdata cycles only, so I get>about a year's worth of them (they are updated real-world>time-wise so 10 cycles covers about 13 months time). If you>downloaded charts also, you wouldn't get 10 full navdata>cycles...you'd run out of credits before then.>>You can purchase credits 100, 200, and 350 at a time. >>FalconAF Thank you, that was the info I was looking. One last question. Is there any place online where I can find free charts to go along with the latest AIRACs?

Plenty of places online. Do a GOOGLE search using the term "Aeronautical Charts". You'll get a list of numerous places that have the latest charts that will match the current AIRAC cycle. They are downloadable in PDF format normally, so you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print them. Some places even group the charts by airport in one download, so you can get all SIDs, STARs, and Approach Plates for an individual airport in one download.Another good source are the individual VATSIM geographical sites. For instance, if you wanted all the airport charts for the Los Angeles ARTCC area, go to their VATSIM site. All charts they currently use for controllers will be available there, and they will have been updated (normally) to coincide with the latest AIRAC cycle.FalconAF

Rick Ryan