Sign in to follow this  
Guest dths30

Time for Some Fun... Name this Airplane.

>>What type of aileron is this? No hinges along the leading>>edge. An open gap from top to bottom, and a leading edge>that>>hangs down into the airstream when the aileron is up.>>>>A poor design? :-lol>Actually, it's a well proven design, and used on quite a few aircraft. It's big advantage is the near absence of adverse yaw, since the leading edge balances it out.L.Adamson

Guest PARADISE

FRISE aileronJohn M

Congratulations!! Go to top of the class Mr ChipsIndeed it was the DH60 Moth which lead a long line of variants and of course differential ailerons were subsequently used in 99.99% of all aircraft.I wonder whether DeHavilland had a patent on them?. Would have made a fortune from licensing!! :-lol.Roger

"Frise" aileron. Very common on modern day GA aircraft used in conjunction with differential ailerons.Frise was the aeronautical design engineer for Bristol Aviation. Chalk up another point for the poms! :-lolRoger

Guest LeeWang

OK.... We all know that landing lights don't last very long... Next challenge.....When I have one burnt out landing light, I change all three at once because it makes economical sense. Name the airplane...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173201.jpgLee

Guest wayupthere

>OK.... We all know that landing lights don't last very long...>Next challenge.....>When I have one burnt out landing light, I change all three at once >because it makes economical sense. Name the airplane...A380 :(

Guest wayupthere

>dude! i wonder which other plane than a c17 has pair of 3>side by side.>ok, see if u can guess this one. i am sure this will be enough>for all the pros, and too easy for some.>>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173957.jpgI'd say either a IL-86 or 96, that share that config. :)

Guest delsimflyer

nope. any more guesses??

Guest PARADISE

A Piper Cub with the optional Tundra Tire Package.John M