Sign in to follow this  
Guest Safetydance

VFR London anyone?

IF you have the VFR Horizon for UK, you get some extra FPS. So this kind of works with it.I got this from Aerosoft. Only thing is..the FSX version unlike the FS9 version does not come with the high quality London city airport. But on further inquiry at Aerosoft forum, I am told that they would give a free London city Airport later on. But I did not see any such claim at the Horizon website.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest sillyeagle

I actually asked for a refund on this product, which I have yet to get. The reason I wanted my money back is they advertised autogen within 3m of actual location, but when you compare the objects with the photo base you see autogen is misplaced by up to 7m, perhaps more. They explain it away as an imperfect photobase, but for the money I paid that does not cut it. Performance is also the lowest I've seen in a FS product. On a 3GHz Quad I was seeing sub 20's a good part of the time, which is not enjoyable. See here for an image:http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=19774

>Performance is also the lowest I've seen in a FS>product. On a 3GHz Quad I was seeing sub 20's a good part of>the time, which is not enjoyable. Which GPU did you run? When you say "sub 20's", are we talking the lower teens or just below 20? (I can actually accept ~18 FPS and still enjoy the sim but as it decreases below 18 the experience degrades exponentially IMHO.)Thanks/Jonas

>I actually asked for a refund on this product, which I have>yet to get. The reason I wanted my money back is they>advertised autogen within 3m of actual location, but when you>compare the objects with the photo base you see autogen is>misplaced by up to 7m, perhaps more. They explain it away as>an imperfect photobase, but for the money I paid that does not>cut it. Performance is also the lowest I've seen in a FS>product. On a 3GHz Quad I was seeing sub 20's a good part of>the time, which is not enjoyable. >Agreed. I have a good friend with a very high end rig and it killed his performance.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest sillyeagle

>Which GPU did you run? >>When you say "sub 20's", are we talking the lower teens or>just below 20? >>(I can actually accept ~18 FPS and still enjoy the sim but as>it decreases below 18 the experience degrades exponentially>IMHO.)8800GTX @ 620/2000Memory is 2GB @ 875MHz w/ 4-4-4-10 1TI was seeing a range of about 15 to 23fps most of the time, with spikes up to 25. 15fps on the low end is just way to choppy for me. This was after following their tweak advice, which is to pretty much turn everything off, including AI and traffic, autogen, etc.

Guest Safetydance

Really though what do you expect? With that much detail, that many objects and the fact that FSX runs less than steller to begin with it's no wonder.