Sign in to follow this  
Guest danielk

182RG Flight Profile?

Guest danielk

Hi :)I recently purchased Carenado's 182RG. I have been learning to fly with the aid of this book: Microsoft Flight Simulator X For Pilots Real World Training. In that book, while learning to fly the Mooney Bravo, there is a flight profile given. Here is what it looks like:http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/SA...k/mooney_fp.jpgIs there something similar for the Skylane? I've searched and while I can find checklists galore I can not find anything resembling a profile.Thanks!~Dan

Hi Dan,I don't have the numbers for the C182RG. You will find them if you can locate a C182RG POH (Pilot's Operating Handbook). I'm not sure if you are a real pilot or not. For myself, I often had trouble while learning for my private pilot license, in flying good approaches (and each good landing requires one of those :) ). Then when I did my instrument rating I learnt to "fly by the numbers", and using the data similar to that which you clipped to this thread (for the C172S) I was able to make great approaches, landings, and indeed all phases of flight were improved. If you get the tach, or pressure/RPM correct, and trim the aircraft, you get very predictable results.Although intended for the B58 Baron, if you're more interested you should buy and read ""IFR, A Stuctured Approach" by John C. Eckalbar (ISBN 0-9616544-5-7).Good luck with this, Bruce.

Guest danielk

Hi, Bruce.Thanks so much for the reply. I Googled the POH and came across a few interesting sites. There are some checklists/aircraft information condensed into pocket-sized notebooks - they're called Chapp's Checklists. http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/pspa...pschecklist.php I don't know if they contain what I'm looking for, although they seem to be worth investigating further. In my quick search with "POH" added I also found this site: http://www.flightsimbooks.com/flightsimhan.../APPENDIX_D.php It, too, has some very interesting info (and it's free!). It lacks some specifics but it is a nice find.To answer your question: no, I'm not a private pilot. To make a long story short, my first job was as a ramp boy at the local airport. I became a student pilot in 1989, passed my ground test, soloed, and then lost my medical due to an illness. I've just now started with FSX and it is helping me fulfill some of my past dreams, albeit in a far less satisfactory way - but I suppose it's better than nothing. Once you've been bitten by the bug it never seems to go away.And, yes, I will actually sit and go through an entire checklist to fly a simulator. My son thinks I'm nuts.Again, thanks a ton. I'll keep looking and if I find something a little more specific without getting the entire POH I will report back.Dan

Dan,In the download that comes with 182RG it has the checklist.Gives you power= inches and RPM with flap settings and speeds.For all parts of the flight envelope.This not what you require?Trevor

Trevor Golding

DanThere is a guy called Werner Schott who has published quite a few manuals and checklists for quite a few default planes (mainly FS9). Just type Werner Schott in the AVSIM file library and you will see what he has done. He has one file called coll2002.zip which contains 63 of his manuals. I found them excellent.RegardsPeter Hayes

Guest danielk

In the download that comes with 182RG it has the checklist. Gives you power= inches and RPM with flap settings and speeds. For all parts of the flight envelope. This not what you require?Doh! So it does! It's not in a convenient table like above, so I'll have to do that myself, but it appears that the data is in there. Geez, you'd think I'd have looked there. (-:Thanks, all!Dan