Sign in to follow this  
darem

Strange problems with FSX - do you know what to do?

Ok, this is the situation:I have a dedicated computer for FSX. On C:, there is the system (Vista 64 Home Basic), on D:, there is FSX, and on E: there are supporting programs.Now, after installing, everything works fine. But all of a sudden, after some days, when I try to start the Katana, the sound files for the plane cannot be found (although they are there where they were).Checking the media player, he can't handle .wav files anymore.And trying to start Wilco's Airbus Deluxe Vol.1 suddenly crashes FSX during loading the plane.I am at a loss - I have no idea what happened. I reinstalled Vista over the existing install and was able to fix the problem, but only for a few days. Now it happens again.The computer is virus free and of course running without any cracks.Do you have an idea what happened and how to fix it? I would really hate to do a complete reinstall (it takes me at least 8 hours to do a coplet fresh install with everything optimized).Help would be appreciated.

You probably have other issues than with FSX.Examine each error in detail.. these kinds of problems take careful analysis to resolve.

Which will be extremely hard, because there isn't much info given.Wilco Airbus seems to load for some time, but before the plane is shown, there is a CTD without any warning.When the Katana is loaded, a dialog box tells me that the first sound file that is to be loaded cannot be found, and whether I close the box or not, it closes FSX with a serious error.Other planes still work fine, and I can fly for a long time with them without problems. It's just some that kill FSX before I can start a flight.And it's the fact that the media player doesn't play .wav files anymore, due to a missing codec (which is downloaded, as it seems, but doesn't work). However, checking system sounds in the system menue still works.

Do you have a Creative sound card?I had the same problem.Reinstalling the Creative driver fixed it.Good luck.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Nope. I have a rather uncommon setup: Internal soundcard, splitted into back output for sound and front output (headphone) for voices, and a firewire Motu for system sound and everything that should be seperated from headphones and environmental sound (like FS2Crew or Cockpit chatter). Works like a charm.But maybe I will try to reinstall the sound card drivers again. I'll let you know if this worked.PS: On the french aerosoft forum, someone is having the dll problem with his 747 Queen of the skies as well, as it seems...