Sign in to follow this  
simman

3rd party a/c

I have 3 of these that I purchased. All was fine for quite awhile. Now, whenever I try to select one of them I get the message that the developer cannot be verified and do I want to allow it. I click yes and another message comes up asking if I want to allow once or all the time. It doesn't make any difference what I click on I have to go through these two messages multiple times and by the time it allows me to use the plane I am really &^^^%^%$$$e boiling mad. Kind of takes the fun out.The Navion is the only one that this doesn't happen. That plane will come right up.Has anyone experienced this and know what to do about it?Thanks Don

I'm assuming this is the problem.For some aircraft certain gauges and files must be added to your FSX.CFG file the first time they are ran...It looks like this isn't happening on your system for some reason..It could be many things, but I would take a look at the file permissions on your FSX.CFG file.The entries look like this:[Trusted]E:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XGAUGESxxxxx where xxxxx is a gauge name or other file that the plane needs to use.There are other paths here as well, but it should be enough for you to see if your plane has any entries there...Your config file should be in your profile path under Application DataMicrosoftFSX

Guest j-mo

Are you running Vista? If so, you need administrative privilege for changes to be recorded. The easiest way is to disable UAC.

No to vista. I have admin privelagis since this is my own personal comp. I am trying what the other poster suggested. Thanks Don

>The Navion is the only one that this doesn't happen. That>plane will come right up.>Has anyone experienced this and know what to do about it?The issue is that all .dll files to be loaded in FSX must have a "Signed Code Certificate" or else they must be manually approved. They Navion's gauge(s) are all code-signed.In all cases, "new gauges" (which are simply .dll files!) are then listed in the fsx.cfg file and have one of three codes added in the last field of the entry indicating the choice(s) made.The problem is that if you manually say "No" to either question the first time your're asked, that decision is listed in the entry's last field......and cannot be changed again via the GUI...You will need to manually edit the fsx.cfg file to completely remove all references to those gauges, save the file, and then reload the sim.When you select the a/c again and are asked for manual approval, say "Yes" to all questions...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yes! that fixed it. Thanks guys. I still don't know why they worked for several months after purchase, and then stopped, but that is immaterial now. Thanks again. Don