Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Coming soon from Saitek

Just found this announcement:As part of Saitek

Guest tcable

Yeah, but I already have a DC H-10-30 and a Bose first gen :)Seriously, looks cool from a simmer's perspective. The impedance on the real world ones do not match the outputs on consumer audio.Though it would be really cool to have the mic working on the real world stuff. Hmmm....As an aside, as somebody with too many hours in a real headset, ANR is amazing. The Bose is far more comfortable than the "head vise" of the DC. Both are very effective in high noise environments.Nowadays, there's even better solutions Like the Lightpseed Mach 1 Series.I use lightweight headphones everyday with my music player. this appeals to me (except the price of course!)http://www.lightspeedaviation.com/content....Products/MACH-1Tim

They look great but to be honest there are two things from the flying world I prefer not to simulate-1) the extreme noise in the cockpit-even with Lightspeed noise cancelling) and the discomfort and later headache from wearing headsets (even Lightspeeds..). :lolGeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Looks good for simmers:-)I've enjoyed my Lightspeed 30-3G set but just took advantage of their upgrade to Zulu. Should be here in a few days..Tried the Zulu at Oshkosh this year and can't wait to try them in my real environment. It appears they are giving Bose a run for their money.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>I didn't know there was an upgrade offer-I also have the>3g's.>Off to the lightspeed sight! :-)>Geofa>My blog:>http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/Geof, it's $350.00 and mail in your current set...I called instead of going thru the site and they were very prompt:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest JIMJAM

I use the Pyramat 2.1 gaming chair. The engines,gear retractions,touchdowns ect vibrate through your body while the communications and higher freqs come through 2 speakers by your head.Its a wireless 2.4 ghz system but I keep the battery hooked up.Its not the chair that sits on the floor but a confortable business looking chair with foam armrest. You have controls for both volumn and bass ath your fingertips.Crank it up and especially flying one of the warbirds,like the P-47 and you cannot even focus on the screen:-boom I use to fly alot of helis and planes in real life with the older Dave Clark headsets and my head hurts just looking at that one.Im sure its confortable for a while but I do not want a vice on my head.

Guest Revenant

Is that an LED on the mic for compatibility with TrackIR? Be nice if it was :)

Guest acolvard

It is nice to see Saitek continuing their efforts to make our hobby better and more affordable. Their customer service is great as well.

Guest Shalomar

Ah well, I am happy with my headset. When I upgraded to Track Clip Pro for my TrackIR my Logitech notebook headset would no longer do, since it went behind my head instead of the side. So I bought a Creative SoundLabs Fatality Gaming headset to attatch the Track Clip to. No headaches!!!BTW, the TrackIR unit needs three LEDs, so support is definitely not built in. But you could easily attatch the Track Clip Pro to this headset, don't think you would get away with wearing the hat clipon thingamajig!!!Best Regards, Donald T. :-wave(__/).................................(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.