Sign in to follow this  
GaryGB

Registry help

Guest rnails

Hi guys, I recently reinstalled Windows XP Home Pro and of couse lost the registry info to fsx. I have fsx on drive D. I have tried to use Registry Edit from Tweaks FS but I only get a message that it can't find fsx.exe. My path is; D: Flight Simulator X. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I don't have the fsx DVD's with me as I am 1600 miles from home. I prefer not to reinstall everything as I have UTX,GEX,MyTraffic,etc. Help please! rnails

Guest rnails

GaryGB, Thanks for the reply.Unfortunately Flight1's file didn't work either. I wonder if having SP1 and SP2 installed is the problem. Also when I reinstalled Windows XP it changed my dedicated drive from the original F: to D: However Windows would't have had an entry in the registry for fsx. Maybe when I get back to Florida I will try to repair fsx and see if that works otherwise I will "bite the bullet" and reinstall everything for the third time. rnails

Hello again:Sorry I lost track of this thread (already on page 3 on my system!) :-) What exactly is the error you are seeing when you go to run FSX?I also have FSX on the D: drive (with the same exact folder name) and have no issue with being unable to start FSX and run it after re-installing Windows XP on my C: drive, and then restoring the registry strings using the Flight1 FS Registry Restore Utility.FS2004 and FSX do not really access and use the registry on an ongoing basis after it has run for the first time; that info in the FS registry section is primarily used by installers for 3rd party add-ons.The only thing I know of thus far that "might" require a full re-install of FSX might be the SimConnect module; and I'm still not convinced that a full FSX re-install is going to be needed to fix that either!:-lol After re-installing Windows, SimConnect is the only known feature for FSX I haven't been able to get running properly since "restoring" the FSX registry settings otherwise routine use of my existing FSX folder chain on the hard drive.And naturally I'm not eager to undergo the arduous ordeal of re-installing a complex FSX configuration if I can avoid it right now... so I'm watching, waiting and researching the issue over time to see if there is an alternate fix to be found.;) Tell us more about what happens (or doesn't happen), and perhaps we might be able to get your FSX up and running again without a re-install.:-rollGaryGB