Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Misplaced coastlines and roads in Mediterranean Sea

Just started flying in Europe again and I have misplaced coastlines and roads etc along the coast of Nice ,Cannes and further east.I am running UTX Europe,FS Genesis mesh,Cloud 9 Xclass Europe.I have tried eliminating each one in the library but to no avail.I am sure this has come up before but I cannot find the solution.Any help or thoughts?I don't know how to enclose a picture.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

If no one else comes up with a better idea, you might back up all your add ons and do an FSX repair from the DVD.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Thanks for the info.What is the difference between repair and reinstall?Can I just back up all my folders with add ons such as aircraft effects,sceneryworldscenery and then copy them back after the repair?I may have something installed for Europe scenery that I can't find.Or can I run the reinstall default scenery option in UTX and the rerun UTX install?But this would probably only reinstall the scenery I had just pior to installing UTX which is probably where my problem is?Thanks,Ron

A repair is much quicker that a reinstall and more simple. Some add ons are left alone, but I wouldn't trust it. Copy them elseware, and copy them back or reinstall afterward. I suppose if some one were really good, they could find the needed folders on the DVD and copy them. Not me. Not sure what "misplaced coastlines" means. Are they real blurry,or gone? I would think there would to be something there.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Actually,they are doubled and in different locations.So some are misplaced going out into the sea.

Thanks,I didn't have that patch but it didn't correct the problem.I disabled UTX Europe and the lines were still there.It runs from approx Nice to Monaco.I downloaded some Monaco or Monta Carlo scenery a while back and that may be causing the problem.However,I cannot find the scenery in my AddOn scenery folder or the zip file.Anyone else download a Monaco or Monte Carlo scenery zip?Thanks,Ron