Sign in to follow this  
Guest abulaafia

Where did you GA today?

Guest jekyll

I've noticed that there are a lot of GA pilots out there flying in FSX. I fly the F1 PC-12 myself. Excellent plane and easily a favorite for me. When i take her out sometimes i'll check out flight aware (flightaware.com) and pick an interesting PC-12 flight or i might even go to flyingmag.com and try an interesting GA flight they might have an article on.I was curious though how everyone else chooses what to do with their aircraft and where to fly them. You can even let me know what you did for your last GA flight and why you picked it.Looking forward to hear from fellow virtual pilotsJekyll

Guest NoobPilot

I didn't really have too much time, so I just did some patterns around Launceston in the Realair Scout. I normally do some VFR Alaska tripping in the same.

Guest jekyll

i checked out four flights. very interesting. i think i'll use that some more... would be great if there was a four flights for the rest of the world. seems like its a great way to discover new airports.

Guest LtRob

I agree fourflights.com is a great planning aid. I was on it a week or so back, and they had flights four Mexico and Central America as well. It makes it very easy to find a short jaunt without using much brain power.

I like to fly in areas of the world that are in the news - but when I ask myself just where are these places, I don't really know!!:-) . For this I use TileProxy I have recently been flying around the Golan Heights - in the default Bell 206, which I have just about mastered now!! :-) Very Interesting.Barry

I downloaded what I think is a little beauty of a plane today from a link in the FS Insider newsletter. A freeware Cessna 152 from the FS Insider and JustFlight as a gift for reading the newsletter:http://www.justflight.com/microsoftc152.aspAfter renaming C152_reflection.dds to C152_reflectionbac.dds in the texture folder of the plane (you will see why later) I took a nice trip from my base Mountain Meadows Airport in Ct. It's a 3,400-foot runway that was closed years ago due to closed minded people. We call it Johnnycake. It was closed when FSX was released and I hope they will always include it in the next FS.More info:http://archives.californiaaviation.org/ganews/msg11054.htmlI flew east to KDBL, checked out the traffic for a while then flew down the Connecticut river, over the sound to Gabreski Airport in Westhampton, fueled up and returned. Boring run but plain fun in the 152 and UTX, GEX never looked better out of this plane :)

Guest jekyll

Thanks for the information Vincent. i never knew about FSEconomy but i'm checking that out now. My concern is that because of how busy work is for me at times i don't get to fly much. I am right now checking to see if you have a fixed amount of flights to do in order to keep flying with FSEconomy in the same way that some VA's do.Jekyll

I pretty much stick with FTX / Orbyx scenery regions, because those are the places I see best (read as acceptable) performance in FSX. And I mostly use GA aircraft - the default Baron, Carenado aircraft, Milton Schupe's Howard 500 - as complex airliner performance in FSX is unacceptable to me at the present time. That said, tonight I'm going to try a flight from Cairns YBCS to Brisbane YBBN in the default 737 or an Overland/Simmersky 737.http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest jekyll

What kind of frames are you comfortable with Alex? Personally, I'm ok with anything down to about 10 fps or so once i'm not doing anything too complicated like landing. When i'm on final though i like it to be a bit higher.I've been through quite a few computer configurations, some of which struggled with FS, since i started flying with FS4 many moons ago. Thats why I think i am willing to put up with less frames than some other people look for.Jekyll

Guest SkullxBones

I just downloaded the new SABA island scenery (freeware) over at flightsim and was having fun it with various GA aircraft and a TwinOtter. It's very well done and very challenging to land. File name is sabafsx.zip. I'm surprised it has not shown up here.Fro those that don't know, it considered one of the most dangerous airports. Very short.

Guest jekyll

I have heard of Saba's airport before since its only a few hundred miles from me (Barbados here). Here is a list of other dangerous airports around the world. I saw this on another post somewhere http://www.travelandleisure.com/slideshows...riest-runways/1. I really think that St. Barthelemy's runway should be on there somewhere too. Although some might think it is beyond dangerous and into the realm of insane.Jekyll

I'm heading to KHLN (Helena Regional, Montana) from KSDY (Sidney-Richalnd Muni). My 5th leg of my flight from my 'home airport', KLPR (Lorain/Elyria Ohio) to the Seattle area via Norther Oregon.I always fly 'trips', and very seldom, if ever, deviate. Just felt like heading west again, and all my flight plans have been previously planned in advance (always trying to find new airports to land at). Once I get out to Seattle? Who knows....I'll fly around....maybe head up to British Columbia...but I'll fly 'real time' back to Ohio before deciding to go elsewhere (a new trip from 'home base').Edit...Oh yea, this leg in the Eaglesoft Cirrus Turbo, which I'll stick to for most my mountain flying, then probably get back in one of my Carenado Cessna's....perhaps the new 182Q FSX model....for my lower and slower flights ;)