Sign in to follow this  
Guest abulaafia

Where did you GA today?

Why put this thread in two locations? You already have it in 'Hangar Chat'?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Great tip, thanks!http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

My most recent flight was Enstone (EGTN - my home field) to Haverfordwest (EGFE), in Rick Piper's wonderful Chipmunk. Why? Because I met someone at the airfield on Saturday, who'd just flown in from Haverfordwest.My ongoing flight series, is from Enstone (again!) to Cape Town, in the Eaglesoft SR22. At the end of the last flight, I'd reached Gao (GAGO), on the banks of the River Niger in Mali, and hopefully soon to see the end of miles and miles of endless desert!

In the event you haven't found it yet... no, you do not need to fly a set number of flights to remain active. In fact, I don't think they even purge the database rolls for long term missing-in-action pilots. FSEconomy is a great, fun way to have somewhat of a VA feel, without all the VA rigidity. Fantastic community, too. One could say it is the "live" version of FS Passengers.-Greg

Jekyll-Well, I can tell you I'm not comfortable with 10 anywhere. It's just too stuttery (sp??). I willingly sacrifice eye candy for smoothness of flight; you know, when the nose floats up after say a flap deployment, and you apply trim or forward pressure on the yoke to smoothly push the nose back down? That sort of floaty feel is just not possible with 10FPS, IMHO. 15-20 FPS minimum landing and departing, with more (locked at 30, idealistically) in cruise. During my YBCS (Cairns, Australia) to YBBN (Brisbane, Australia) airline flight I'm getting about 20-25 in cruise with clouds and the Orbyx / FTX Green scenery package. It works, but I have yet to land at YBBN. Lets see if it's not too choppy on approach.Cheers,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Hey Geof, KMTN, that looks awesome. I have a patient who flies a TBM 700 and they were asking where to fly the next time they came to Baltimore. I recommended KMTN and to request the ILS to rwy 33 because it was so scenic in MSFS. It looks even better in real life! Great pic, and thanks for sharing. And glad you made it to the museum. I don't know if you talked to any of the old-timers milling around and working at the museum, but that silver and red Mig used to belong to a local lawyer who apparently took it up around the area fairly regularly back in the day. He was forced to sell because, and this was way before the current spike in gas-prices, it guzzled fuel and it became too expensive to fly! Regards From Baltimore,http://www.my-buddy-icon.com/Icons/objects/red_3d_plane.gifAlex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MDhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/193058.jpgMy daughter Sophie in the Mig....

It was interesting-when we got to the museum it was deserted-but open. We spent a couple hours just going around and were the only ones there. At the end a gentlemen came up and introduced himself as the founder and we had some nice conversation.kMtn was a great place to land twice, and shuttles were free to the nearby hotels in White Marsh-highly recommended. It was the first time I can recall having boat masts in the final approach!If you haven't alreaady check out the screen shot forum-I got some great shots of downtown Baltimore on the way out.Look like you have a future pilot there-nice shot!GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest jekyll

I didn't find it so thanks for the reply. I am really like thing sound of FSEconomy and I think i'll sign up this weekend and give it a shot. I was reading through the manual and it sounded a bit intimidating but you make it sound not so hard so I will stick with it, definitelyJekyll

Guest jekyll

Try searching for the name Sean Doran here on AVSIM for PC-12 repaints. He has some beautiful PC-12 repaints and repaints for other great GA aircraft as well. Well worth checking out.

Guest abulaafia

probably because its the payware model. there are a lot of repaints for the AFG freeware model, which was very popular with FS9(http://www.alliedfsgroup.com)I have been looking for ozzie Pilatus repaints too ;)