Sign in to follow this  
Guest ajm254

World of AI error

Guest Teejman

Hi everyone,I am trying to install my World of Ai packages on my new computer but I get the error message:Unhandled exception has occured in your aplication. Access to path c:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesWOAI installerD9B6387F is denied.It also says click continue to ignore but if i do this it seems to hang.I also have a problem after I have changed the A/C config file (changing airline name etc), when trying to save it the error message "Cannot create the config file, make sure that the path and file name are correct." It also shows the path which appears to be correct.Both these problems did not occur on my old XP machine.I am using a Vista 64 bit system.Any ideas as to what is wrong?Thanks.

Try turning off User Account Cotrol in Cotrol Panel/User Accounts. The other way around this is to not install FSX in the default location. Vista will not allow anyone to alter anything in Program Files without jumping through a lot of hoops.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest Teejman

Thanks for the suggestions Bob. I tried both of these but still no good.

I think you have to give yourself user administrator rights on the folder you want to use in Flightsim. Even if your user has admin rights, this is not given by default if your installation is in the c:program files(x86).. folder.Locate your Flight Simulator X directory and right click on "Flight Simulator X" and click on Properties.Up comes a popup - click on Security.Now highlight your user and click on edit. A new popup with permissions comes up.Again highlight your user and click on "Full control" then OK. A new Popup advises you that you are changing the permission settings. Just click YES.Hopefully this will help.

You could also right-click the WOAI Installer EXE, go to compatibility tab, and check "Run as Administrator." You'll have to give permission everytime you start it up, but it's no big deal, and it should work.Cheers,BoeingGuy

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

TeejmanBummer.Turnning off UAC should have at least allowed you to alter cfg files. I don't use full WOAI packages, just some of the planes. My installer is on the desktop rather than in the Games folder. Then I install to DOCs and use what I want. Not what you are after, though.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Guest ajm254

Recently a couple of WOAI files caused this. I think a recent SAS file causes this error. Try a few different files and see if it works

Guest Teejman

Thanks everyone for your suggestion.Boeing Guy I did as you suggested and all is well.Thanks again.