Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonbaileyuk

Grid Lock At EGCC?

Guest jonbaileyuk

I wonder if anyone can advise me.Im running FSX with a load of addons (Ultimate Terrain Europe, FEX, ASX and Traffic 2005 patched to be FSX Compatible.Now my local major airport is Manchester UK (EGGC) i have my traffic settings a 15% IFR and 10 % GA.Flying Level-D's 767 i can get 24 FPS (locked) pretty much every where. However, When i near to manchester (default Scenery) they go down to around 12-14 FSP, London is pretty much the same, but everywhere else its back up to 24 FPS locked.Is this due to the volumes of traffic? or could it be another problem?if i turn the traffic down any more im lucky if i ever see another plane. Any advice much appreciated.

To help understand the situation a bit better, can you tell us what FPS you get unlocked - that will show the full extent of the degredation. In other words is it from a potential 60 down to 12, or only from a potential 25?Petraeus

Petraeus

Guest jshyluk

There's the usual things you can try:Locked frame rate vs. unlocked frame rateFull-screen mode versus windowed modeTurn off bloom and/or DX10Turn down all of your scenery sliders especially: Scenery Complexity Autogen Density Water EffectsSee if that helps. When you say "everywhere", do you mean everywhere UT Europe covers, or everywhere "everywhere"? Try a flight from KBOS (Boston) to KJFK (New York). That's some of the most dense scenery in FSX. Also, try a flight from KSEA (Seattle) to CYVR (Vancouver), as that goes from a highly detailed scenery to another with water and mountains.Next, UNLOCK your frame rates and try these two flights:CYMJ and fly north. Moose Jaw is quite flat and it gets flatter as you go north. It's some of the least dense scenery I know of. Watch your frame rate.Use the ultralight Trike at PMHK (Molokai, Hawai'i). Fly around a bit. The trike is one of the least demanding aircraft on FSX.If you are having frame rate issues on those last two flights, then you seriously need to dump sliders or improve your computer rig if you want better performance. Other than that, you should understand that you are taking your add-on 767 through some of the most dense scenery in FSX. One thing that's going to give you a big hit is animated jetways, and if memory serves, there's plenty of those in southern UK. Regardless of your traffic settings (and using a traffic add-on, especially one that was originally for FS9 -- that can generate a lot more traffic than FSX was intended to handle), you will get a lot of jetways unless you lower Scenery Complexity. Remember that you can have as many custom system configurations as you like, saved as .CFG files. You can have one for passenger jet cruising and a different one for take-offs and landings, and another one still for taxi or acrobatics, or whatever you like. You can load them at any time, even during flight.There's no one magic solution, just a lot of little things you can try. If you've tried my basic suggestions and are game for a real challenge, you can always look up Nick N.'s famous posts on how to optimize your computer for FSX, although it's a lot of work.Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Guest jonbaileyuk

Thanks for the suggestions, ill have a play about and see what happens.