Sign in to follow this  
Guest jrowland

I broke my pan

Guest jrowland

I was flying along, and everything was just fine. I knocked my keyboard off my desk, and then promptly stepped on it (one good turn deserves another, right?). Anyway, I got everything back up on the desk, pushed a few buttons to undo some things that got done (sound was off, sim was paused, flaps were deployed, etc.). That's when I noticed that my hat switch no longer panned around (I am in the VC)... it did the "old fashioned" 8-point view changing thing.I am completely stumped on how it got there, let alone how to get it back. In the control settings, the "Pan (view)" control is set to "Hat Switch".Any thoughts on how I can get back to a smooth pan?Jimmy

Jimmy, do you realize that drinking and flying don't mix?Assuming the hat switch is on your joystick or yoke, have you tried the calibrate routine for that device?ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX(SP1-SP2), Audigy SE sound, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

Guest jrowland

Sorry,I guess that I should mention that I'm using a CH Yoke. Also, running Vista 32bit, FSX SP1.I did not think to try calibrating it, but I just did that and everything is fine in the calibration. That did not resolve the issue.Also... toddlers and flying and be just as hazardous as drinking and flying. :^)

>Sorry,>I guess that I should mention that I'm using a CH Yoke. Also,>running Vista 32bit, FSX SP1.>>I did not think to try calibrating it, but I just did that and>everything is fine in the calibration. That did not resolve>the issue.>>Also... toddlers and flying and be just as hazardous as>drinking and flying. :^)I'd sooner fly with a pilot that had a few drinks than one with a toddler in the cockpit. :)I should have noticed from your first post that your hat switch was working and you were just getting a strange result in the virtural cockpit. That IS wierd.I guess that you could check the joystick column in button/key assignments to verify that nothing else is assigned to the hat switch, and look at the standard xml file in the AppData>Roaming>Microsoft>FSX>Controls folder. The hat switch listing under "CH Flight Sim Yoke USB" should be:0PAN_VIEW1Have you completely shut down you computer, restarted and tried FSX?How come you havn't installed FSX SP2?ArtBiostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, 4GB RAM, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FSX(SP1-SP2), Audigy SE sound, Vista Home Premium 32 bit, CH Yoke & Pedals, 22" WS LCD monitor

Art

Guest jrowland

>I guess that you could check the joystick column in button/key>assignmentsDone... nada. :/>look at the standard xml file in the>AppData>Roaming>Microsoft>FSX>Controls folder. That looks good, too. :/>Have you completely shut down you computer, restarted and>tried FSX?Yep, the ol' stand-by "reboot it" didn't help, either. :/>How come you havn't installed FSX SP2?I fly a lot in the C150 (from that amazing French quartet of designers), and others who've installed SP2 said that it breaks that airplane (and other FS9 imports). I appreciate the help so far... now you see why I'm really stumped. :^)

Guest jrowland

hunh... well, I fixed it. Turns out, it has nothing to do with the mashing of the keyboard.Coincidentally, at the same time, I had just installed the software for the VR920 virtual reality glasses. Noticing that the head-tracking feature of these glasses was also not working, I uninstalled the software. Voila... the pan-ability of the hat switch is back.Now... to figure out how to get these glasses to work! :^)Thanks again,Jimmy

Guest JRem

HelloI have exactly the same problem than you, jrowland, but i unnistalled the vr920 software and my pan is no back to smooth. Any ideas?Thank youjeremy