Sign in to follow this  
thrakete

FSX 737NG

1. Has anyone released a good B737/800 or 900 for FSX? I am looking for one that contains a good cockpit in general, but especially a fully functional and stable FMC.I have the PMDG 747 for FSX, and it has a great FMC along with all its' other features, but I am looking for a mid-range equivalent.2.I bought the JSGPanels "Universal" FMC. It's very reasonably priced at $15.00 U.S., but I would give it maybe a "C" at best. Part of the problem could be the operator of course, but I have tried it in both the default 737-800 and the CRJ 700. I find that it tries to fly VNAV profiles at the wrong power levels and/or vertical speeds, resulting in stalls, or at the other extreme overspeeds. This happens in spite of my manually resetting the available FMC power choices in an attempt to compensate. Anyone else using this unit that is not having these problems?Thanks, Regards,Thrakete

Not using the JSPG but the friendly panels works pretty well with a modified Posky model. Also, the PMDG 737 600& 700 will work in fsx but only at v1.0. Other than that, we will just have to wait for PMDG's NGX.

Scott,Thanks for the reply.I had not taken into account the fact that I had modified the thrust curves on both my B737 and CRJ "In Use" models earlier to more closely simulate a turbofan's exponential thrust curve. I have now installed the FMC on the original default FSX models, and it works somewhat better now on both airplanes. However, it still will not handle low speed (280 KIAS), steep climbs no matter what I do with the climb modes.I assume you are using the complete Friendly Panels B737 cockpit instead of their "Universal" FMC and the default cockpit. Is that correct?You referred to a "modified" Posky model. Did you modify N1 vs thrust and Mach in the .air file to get the combo to work, or just the aircraft.cfg file?Regards,Thrakete

I've installed Integrated Simavionics gauges in most of my default iron. Ive been waiting for that 737NG for FSX also but I will probably be 6 feet under by the time it gets released. In the meantime I purchased the Wilco 737 awhile back which I fly pretty much. Other then that its the LevelD of course. I saw Arianes 737 but I don't plan on refinancing my house to buy it either. xx dollars for the tires and paint and the rest you have to purchase separate. gimme a break.With Ernies package you can set up individual cfg files for each AC and custom taylor them. Great for the VNAV. The price was well worth it and pretty reasonable. Especially when the dollar is real cheap. :-pI havent tried any of the others because these were the first ones I ran across that looked interesting to me.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest bjablonka

Try Ariane's 737 NG 900 version X2, very expensive but very detailed.Bernd

>Try Ariane's 737 NG 900 version X2, very expensive but very>detailed.>>BerndYea even at the price the 900ER still has my curiosity bubbling.Are you flying this lady?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I am and it's the best ever. They even use this one for training real world pilots ;)

Dave Taylor gb.png

I Googled the Ariane version and the general opinion seems to be it's a good airplane.However, I also ran into a blizzard of complaints on the on-line activation system. Some of the items were:4 days and counting to get them to complete the activation request after receiving the very expensive CD version.A statement from a private party that they were going to start charging for any reactivation after a computer change.I got the impression that their activation system is a mess. One reviewer stated that though it was an excellent add-on, he would not buy any of their products again because of this.These comments and the price (base price plus sound?-not clear to me what is extra) plus 17+ euros extra for the CD version pretty much tends to turn me off on it. I think maybe I will wait for PMDG to do something on their FSX version if I am still around when they finally do.However thanks for the input and any further comments on the above invited.Regards,Thrakete

I tried the NG -900 V2 from Ariane late last yuear abd can confirm that it works and looks incredible. But the activation and security system sucks, you get a code sent back from them that has a check-sum that is linked to your hardware components, similar to how PMGD did it with their first release of the NG several years ago, and also how MS did it with their first versions of XP. Both companies, while maintaining a secure system to fight fraud, have gone away from this austere system.You might think that I sound negative on this, and I am. Some 4 weeks after buying this Ariane product I had a motherboard failure and so put a newer one in. The activation code for the Ariane would now not work since I had new h/w. I contacted Ariane, and got no result other than abuse on e-mails that they would not help me. Then, they told me that if I persisted they would block me totally from their site (for support and everything). I have NEVER seen such lack of support from any company in my entire life, period. A great product, but watch out if you ever want to upgrade something. I got 4 weeks from mine, and now my $130 US installer sits in my archived files folder. I felt like an idiot and sucker after being ripped off, as so many people here have posted similar horror stories.Bruce.

Guest Toni Rauch

".....They even use this one for training real world pilots"Dave - do you REALLY believe that real world 737 pilots train using Ariane's software?I'd love to see the 'proof' behind that claim...!Toni.

>".....They even use this one for training real world pilots">>Dave - do you REALLY believe that real world 737 pilots train>using Ariane's software?>>I'd love to see the 'proof' behind that claim...!>>Toni.>>Don't ask me, ask Ariane?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Brucek,Thanks for the reply. Your experience pretty much fits with many other reports I found online.One thing that really ticks me off is to pay the asking price for a product, then find out that I have to jump through a bunch of hoops, or supply a lot of my personal information that could be used for identity theft to use it. I really doubt I will be buying any of their products.If a group puts out excellent software but also charges well above average market, I still might buy, because I know quality costs. However, if they also have an attitude problem towards their customers, I can live without the product.Regards,Thrakete

You're welcome Thrakete,If they had a purchasing system such as the Flight One wrapper then all of this would be a non-event. As you know, Flight One operates a user friendly (but secure) re-install and purchasing system, and useful user forums (no discussion at all (was at the time I purchased) is allowed on the support forums, so all you have is an e-mail contact with someone who can lock you out of (re) activation at the blink of an eye, and maybe not even reply to e-mails either). I too read of similar issues, but decided to give them a go since one of the semi-regular forum attendees here at AVSIM was operating their support forums at the time. I will never trust anyone involved with Ariane again. Thanks, Bruce.

Guest Toni Rauch

Well, if Ariane says it, then like all things 'Ariane', it must be true!....and there is a Father Christmas, and the moon is made from cheese, and there really is a guy called 'Bob Hale', and....LOL!!!Toni.

I can attest to the experience above.Their product is relatively good but definitely NOT complete.There is a lot of eye candy and thats about it.Their FMS is not complete and not all pages are functional.They have no failure simulation system.They are no where close to functionality of PMDG or LevelD.The worst problem however is their terrible activation scheme. You can only do it once, if your system fails or you upgrade then you have to pay them $20 to re-activate each time. They are not friendly, they do not have their own website (they piggyback from a simmer who decided himself to create a support forum but they tell him what can be or cannot be written or expressed) , and they think they are doing you a favor when you ask for support.Their documentation is terrible unless you want to buy their book which is $150 (which i do not own)If you buy their program on disk then they want to charge you an extra $25 to purchase updates and would not allow you to download on line.Also they just upgraded to their 737 to X2 and stated that its much better than the X1 but gave no specifics except to state that its a "lot faster" and new "sound engine" and charge you a full price of new $160 - no courtesy for previous customers. All in all majority of people are correct to state that this company should be avoided. Plus you just don't know who is behind the company they are trying to keep their identity secret for some reason and wont reveal to you their team or beta team.Just avoid them unless you have a lot of money to spend.Just my 02centsBo

Bo Klop