Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

PMDG MD-11 is Here!

88EUR (312PLN) for the combined version...sweet merciful C...I'll be giving this one a miss.

Unfortunate time for the release. I hope the release itself was not spurred up by the unfortunate time. :(Later, guys, after the recession is over.

I'd spend 3 times that amount if someone did my Baron in such detail.Since I am not interested in heavy flying at all, I'll be passing-but I certainly don't find the price unreasonable for something of this magnitude and detail.It is gas prices that make me feel that way-I can save a lot by staying proficient on the sim saving many real gallons.GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

>I'd spend 3 times that amount if someone did my Baron in such>detail.>That's because you must be very well-to-do, Joffa, from a very rich country. Congratulations. :)Dirk.

No-it is because I am not well to do and real flying is very expensive.Thus I am very happy to save lots of money by staying proficient on a desktop computer for the cost flying once around the pattern.What does a real Md-11 cost? How much does it cost to just start the engines. How much does a real Md-11 simulator cost?$80 to experience this seems a real bargain to me.GeofaMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

Guest United

I've never in as long as PMDG has been in business, turned down a PMDG product. If this were the revamped 737 line or a nice 757, no problem. But for nearly $85.00 US for this bird? (and I'm sure it's a quality product and worth every penny), no....can't this time, it's partially the times, but also not what I really want to fly. Randy Jura, KPDX

>No-it is because I am not well to do and real flying is very>expensive.>>$80 to experience this seems a real bargain to me.>Geofa$80 here, 3 x$ times there for a PC game and you're still not so well to do... Ok, I infer all is relative. ;)

I think it comes down to actual usage.If you plan on flying this aircraft like 80% of your flightsim time, its more than worth it as you'll spend so much time with it you'll get to know and appreciate all its little details and nuances etc, and this is money well spent for you.If you're someone who tends to fly a different model every flight, and maybe will fly this bird 10% of the time, you're likely not someone who's so into the systems details anyway, then this price will seem really steep to you.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

This bird took 4 years of development, employing 9 persons for a result which is a masterpiece of coding, graphics and documentation (more than 1.500 pages!!...do you know the cost of technical writing??)Moreover it is the price the 744 was sold but then... the word "recession" was far from our minds.IMO, comparing its price with FSX is a non-sense. We are not at all on the same market.Just my two cents.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.