Sign in to follow this  
michal

PMDG MD-11 Desktop Crashes ---SOLVED

The size of my AI environment may have contributed to the problem but I run the PMDG B744 with the same environment. I didn't change anything before or after enabling the 3Gb switch.For those who are having trouble finding the instructions for enabling the 3Gb switch - here you are:Enabling 3GB switch on Windows Vista

>Since our hardware is so similar, one logical conclusion to>draw would seem to indicate that it is a Vista 32 issue or>some sort. ??That seems to be the "general" consenus from a lot of folks I have spoken with. The OOM issue does not saeem to really affect 64-bit users. Unfortunately, I heard 64-bit brings with it some other issues that 32-bit users do not have to deal with. Not being a 64-bit user myself, I am unable to really elaborate on what those issues may be, but if I remember correctly, I think there are some issues with NAT and a few other things (I could be wrong here).I suspect the PMDG crew may have stopped responding because there is nothing on their end that they can do about it. It is not the fault of their aircraft so they really can't help out other than to recommend that one decrease simulator settings that increase the burden on virtual address space.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Heh, for a second I thought you were joking. But you're not. Oh my. Are they seriously charging an additional fee for the manuals?

>Heh, for a second I thought you were joking. But you're not.>Oh my. Are they seriously charging an additional fee for the>manuals?ONLY for the "printed and perfect bound" manuals! :-bla

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Actually I skimmed the thread to see the state of bugs in the add-on, but I did notice your post about how a manual on fine quality paper is worth 120 bucks. So my question was sincere. They are charging extra for the manual? Whoa.And honestly, I thought you were being sarcastic about how the manual was worth it. I just sounded a bit absurd the way you phrased it.