Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

RE: My nose is inside the terminal

What you are describing is one of several possibilities.Are you using default unmodified scenery, or do you have a modified airport scenery or parking file?1) Check the external view of your aircraft - where are the pushback tug, baggage loader and baggage cart located. If they are not in front of the nose of your aircraft - then you are in too small of a parking spot.2) If you are using addon scenery or a modified parking file, you may need to move that parking spot back some to allow clearance. You should use the program which was used to create the parking file because each of the three has unique functionality which will be lost if the file is edited with a different progam.3) There are 281 parking spots in the default KORD - 11 of those are vehicle so 270 aircraft parking spots. There are 18 default Heavy Gate parking spots:Gate_B 16Gate_B 17Gate_C 16Gate_C 18Gate_C 20Gate_G 142Gate_G 143Gate_G 145Gate_K 16Gate_M 1Gate_M 4Gate_M 5Gate_M 9Gate_M 14Gate_M 15Gate_M 16Gate_M 17Gate_M 18If you have a modified airport file, your list of heavy gates may be different.Also if you have a modified airport - you need to check the sizes of the individual heavy gates. The parking spot needs to be 33.0M or larger to hold a B747 correctly.

Guest SuperFortress

I am using FSDreamteam's KORD scenery. I chose a different gate last night and the problem was resolved. The gates were not named HEAVY but instead were called something like GA-LARGE. Looks like definitely a matter of choosing the correct type of gate. Thank you everyone for your assistance.

I haven't purchased any addon scenery for FSX - I don't fly enough to individual airports to justify the cost.But there is a problem with FSX and addon sceneries with using GATE parking spots.GATE spots automatically and always add the pushback tug, the baggage loader and the baggage cart. The percentage of GATE parking spots with those displaying depends upon your slider settings - but all GATE spots have them available.Since many addon developers prefer to use their own, they have to use a parking spot type which will not add those elements - RAMP_GA is the best type to use.I use it frequently myself for commercial passenger aircraft parking where I do not want those vehicles.In the case of your scenery, if you do not have FSX Deluxe and ADE, or FSXPlanner - you can download a free demo of Flight1's AFX product.It will show you the airport layout and parking spot sizes.