Sign in to follow this  
Guest firehawk44

Flight sim X and Wingows Vista

Guest shelley1995

Hi, It has been many months since I post here. Have not flown simulator in many months due to a problem with my computer. I have purchased a new system which has Windows Vista on it.Upon my preparing to buy sim X, I notice that there is a version that says windows xp and windows vista or both windows xp and vista. This may sound stupid: Will the version that says windows xp run on vista also if some tweaks are done? I found one that says both formats but they want $40.00 for it.As I've said, I have been out of the loop for quite sometime but I can't wait to get back into the cockpit. Thank yu.

FSX is FSX. It will run on Vista or on XP. There is not a specific version of FSX for XP and a specfic version of FSX for Vista if that is what you are asking.

Guest firehawk44

I would recommend the FSX Deluxe Edition as it provides more aircraft and future expandability. All editions will work with XP or Vista 32 bit or 64 bit versions. Don't forget to goto FSInsiders.com and download SP1 and SP2 (or at least SP1). You might also consider buying FSX Acceleration Expansion Pack which includes both SP1 and SP2. Hope this helps.Jim