Sign in to follow this  
Gdavis0101

A2A Simulations Stratocruiser

Hello All!! Since I've decided that the new MD-11 on the block is out of my price range, I was considering the new bird from A2A, the mighty Boeing Stratocruiser (with the "Accu-Sim" expansion). Does anyone own this add-on, and if so, would anyone care to comment on it? There is a very favorable review of it in the latest PC Gamer magazine, for what it's worth. Thanks!!Paul

Do a search for it in this forum, because there were several good long threads about the Strat, with lots of user mini-review type of information.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest JIMJAM

You couldnt have picked 2 more different planes.The A2A is fantastic but I am also biased towards old aluminum,props and dripping oil.The Strat you fly the engines and its a hands on plane.While the md-11 is more like programming your tv remote.I do not even pretend to know 10% of the FMC capabilities but it basically does EVERYTHING.Some will call it a sin but I added a GPS and know enough to enter the ils freqs so I can shoot a approach if need be. I also figured out the AP through trial and error.The A2a you pretty much rely on vors and good ole following roads.Both are 1st class sims but one is a model T and the other is a Lexus.Price wise both are pretty deep so if you take the time to really learn and know the aircraft, both are worth the price of admission.However, you need a good system to run either as they are tough on even the latest systems.

They are both fantastic add-ons. If I had to choose i'd get the MD-11 (if your system has a little overhead) while running FSX. If not, go with the Strat.