Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

Generic environment improvment textures for FSX?

Hi,Just for the PMDG MD-11, I have temporarily reinstalled FSX until they will release the FS9 version.What I am looking for is:1. Replacement global textures to replace the dreadful default textures. Is there a "one in all" package of some kind?2. Airport environment replacement textures. You know, the kind of excellent replacement airport textures (runways, taxiways etc. etc.) as Chris Arrington made for FS9.Preferably I am looking for freeware textures, since FSX will be off the HD as soon as PMDG releases the MD-11 for FS9. ;-)Greatful for all assistance. :-wave

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/banner_sa_2008_s.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 3,33GHz FSB 1333MHz LGA775, Asus P5Q Intel P45 ATX DDR2 PC6400 800MHz 4096MB, Asus Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX+ 512MB DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP3, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"Samsung 750GB SATA HDD 8MB, Samsung 250GB ATA , Maxtor 120GB ATA, All 7200rpmLacie 250Gb Extern HD, Cooler Master ATX Chassis, 550W Power supplyBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

Hi Staffan,I'd suggest changing the season back to summer and make sure the texture slider is at the maximum.Paul

Cheers

Paul Golding

I'm soo tempted to try out the MD11 that I'm about to do the same as you Staffan. I hope you get some hints as I need some myself.

Rune B.

>Hi Staffan,>>I'd suggest changing the season back to summer and make sure>the texture slider is at the maximum.>>PaulHi Paul,I know,....but I still don

Staffan

>2. Airport environment replacement textures. You know, the>kind of excellent replacement airport textures (runways,>taxiways etc. etc.) as Chris Arrington made for FS9.When Chris moved from flying DHC-6 for Scenic Airways to flying CRJ's - we lost a great resource. Building new textures is detailed and extensive work. Takes a lot of talent.Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for Chris and his career, and his expanding family - which all forced him away from FS for a while.But I do miss him greatly.I hope he is able to return to FS before too long.