Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Big News from PC Aviator??

Guest TonyPiech
Is it this: Dec 6th email "Available Now for 32 Bit Operating Systems - A Defragmentation World-First..."

Is it this: Dec 6th email "Available Now for 32 Bit Operating Systems - A Defragmentation World-First..."

Matthew S

Guest firehawk44
I've been using it for a few months and works great! Not sure why they released it as public domain, but I dont see any need to purchase their new version when this free version does everything I need.Here's what they say about it:-
:( It's definitely NOT Ultimate Defrag as that program was developed long ago. As stated by Jim above, we'll have to wait until Dec 15th. I suspect it will have something to do with ATC (since everyone's guessing).... They should have a contest. The one who comes closests to guessing the correct enhancement would win a trip (and tour) to PC Aviator's headquarters plus a visit to next years Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany. :( Best regards,Jim

They should have a contest. The one who comes closests to guessing the correct enhancement would win a trip (and tour) to PC Aviator's headquarters plus a visit to next years Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany. :(
Would suggest two entries per person1. What people think could be probably the most exciting development in flight simulation since Flight Simulator itself. 2. What people think PCAviator will announce. :(

Apparently the announcement has been delayed until 15th December...regards Jim
Here is what I found in my email today:"What Happened To PC Aviator's Big Secret?As is often the case in software development, things can run overdue and that is the case with this particular project. We originally promised you a 1 December announcement and release date but unfortunately we did not reach that goal. Please standby for the announcement and release on 15 December. This truly will be an exciting product!"I guess the suspense will last a little longer!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Man what the heck could it possibly be besides there new york megascenery for fsx it better be good lol! thanks for the update guys now to wait till the 15 for the big announcement.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Would suggest two entries per person1. What people think could be probably the most exciting development in flight simulation since Flight Simulator itself. 2. What people think PCAviator will announce. :(
1.) How about software making it possible to join FSX with MS Train Sim with multiplayer so your train nut friend can watch you buzz his freight train? Even better would being able to land a helicopter on a moving train?2.) MSFS for XBox

ok, stop guessing !! :( It will be something with SCENERY for FSX - let see what Bill said ( LIONHEART ) on simouthouse forum http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=5311"Actually, that was what Robert told me. Its supposed to take scenery to a new level of sophistication and incredible... well. Cant talk about it. I also do not know that much about it. But if Robert says its going to be awesome, I am sure it will be." and more...."Robert Ferraro is the President and CEO of the PC Aviator empire which includes the popular Computer Pilot magazine, PCAviator.com online pilot shop, and all of the Mega-Scenery selections. (His company do all the huge Mega Scenery productions).And..... He only told me its about scenery and that it will revolutionise the sim world.So... Basically, you now know as much as me. I promise, that is the truth. But it is evidently going to be one heck of a cool thing.Thats it.. Thats all I know."--for me it will be some kind of Tile proxy , or similar but userfriendly... so let`s wait until 15 dec.... :( brdsMartin

After thinking about it some more, I'm thinking a "revolutionary" advance would be the third possibility I posted in one of my above posts. A service provider does the conversion of the "map data" to convert it to photoreal scenery files, then stores all those files on their own "server farm". You then connect to the server farm and can use the scenery files in "real time". Advantages of this:1. No conversion of the data (map data to scenery files) has to occur on your own computer. Saves your own computer resources from needing to convert the data, thus no interfering with the running of FSX.2. Eliminates the need for each individual user of the scenery files to have massive amount of "storage space" on their own computer systems for the photoreal scenery files. We'd all need a separate room full of hard drives to store any amount of photoreal scenery that would cover an entire area the size of say the United States.I'd certainly pay for a service like the above, if the quality of the service was good. My main concern would be bandwidth use. The service provider would have to ensure there was enough bandwidth available so the scenery could be used in even the most extreme circumstances of many, many users doing it at the same time.FalconAF

Rick Ryan

In any case I would be in hog heaven for the above scenery scenarios. Crossing my fingers for December 15th. I do think this would be revolutionary.

Guest firehawk44

"My main concern would be bandwidth use. The service provider would have to ensure there was enough bandwidth available so the scenery could be used in even the most extreme circumstances of many, many users doing it at the same time."My main concern too.Jim

So it could be a Tileproxy type feature...
...only with night lighting textures and seasonal textures. AND blend seamlessly from one texture to the next! :( Ron